~30~

It was almost midnight and Saylor was getting nervous. What if Finnick's plan doesn't work? Who knows about the plan? Saylor's thoughts were interrupted by Beetee.
"It's an impressive conductor. Let's get started...
Typically a lightning strike contains five billion joules of energy. We don't want to be anywhere
in the vicinity when this hits." Beetee explains.

"You three girls, go together now. Take this. Unspool it carefully. Make sure the entire coil is in the water.
You understand? Then head to the tree at the 2:00 sector. We'll meet you there." He says then hands hands Katniss the coil roll.
"I'm gonna go with them as a guard," Peeta tells Beetee. "No, no, no. You're staying here to protect me... And the tree." Beetee says. "No, I need to go with her," Peeta says not giving up.
"There are two Careers out there. I need two guards."
"Finnick can protect you just fine... And if you really need two, Saylor and I can switch." Peeta responds.
"Why can't Finnick, Saylor, and Johanna stay with you, and Peeta and I take the coil?" Katniss intervenes.
What are they planning? Johanna and Saylor make eye contact both thinking the same thing
"You all agreed to keep me alive till midnight, correct?" Beetee asked.
"It's his plan. We all agreed to it." Johanna said. "I would rather stay with Finnick but it's better for him and Peeta to stay with Beetee," Saylor tells Katniss.
"Is there a problem here?" Finnick asked.
" Excellent question," Beetee says.
As Katniss kisses Peeta. Finnick pills Saylor into a hug. "Be careful and listen to Johanna." He whispered softly then pulled away.
"All right, let's go!" Johanna tells Saylor and Katniss.

"Come on. I want to put as much distance between me and this beach as possible. Frying is not how I want to go." Johanna says while leading them to the beach. "I second that." Saylor laughs but notices that Katniss stops. "There's something..." Katniss says and tries to pull the cord. The cord then falls from it being cut and the three girls get ready to fight. Katniss draws her bow while Saylor gets ready to throw her knives. They see Brutus approaching them and Saylor throws one of her knives but Brutus dodges it and hides behind a tree. At the same time, Johanna hits Katniss making her fall to the ground. Johanna then grabs Katniss's arm and removes the tracker making Katniss scream. "Johanna!?" Saylor exclaims confused as to why she's hurting the person that they should protect. But then Saylor sees the tracker and quickly understands the plan "Shh. Stay down." Johann warns Katniss. There's no way we are all making it out of here... With shaky hands, Saylor removes her necklace and puts it around Katniss's neck, and tucks it under her suit.
"Take care of this for me would ya?" Saylor clasps it around Katniss's neck. I have a bad feeling about this. "Saylor... Follow me." Johanna whispered then threw her axes and then ran away. Saylor quickly follows Johanna and they lead Brutus and Enobaria away from Katniss.
"We need to split up! Find Peeta and make sure he is the same. Then do the same for yourself. " Johanna whispered as they hid behind a tree. Saylor nods then takes off the in direction she thinks Peeta is in.

Saylor ran towards the lightning tree, hoping Peeta was still there. As she got closer she heard Finnick yelling for her and Katniss. "Saylor! Katniss! Where are you? " Finnick?! Saylor was about to run to be brother but she saw Peeta in the opposite direction.
Part of her wanted to run to Finnick but she knew she had to complete her task. So Saylor ran to Peeta.
"Peeta!" She says and he turns to her. "What's happening? Where's Katniss?" He asked Saylor frantically. Saylor was about to explain but a loud boom sound was heard and a gust of wind knocked them to the ground. Peeta gets up and then helps Saylor Stand up. "I need to find Katniss." He said. Saylor was about to respond but she was knocked in the head by Brutus. Peeta tries to fight back but Brutus is too strong, Knocking Peeta to the ground. Brutus was about to finish them both off when Saylor saw a piece of the roof falling straight towards them. Saylor uses all her strength left and quickly rolls her and Peeta out of the way. Brutus wasn't so lucky. Saylor starts to lose consciousness, I have to get Peeta's tracker... Saylor tries and fight the darkness that is trying to consume her but it is too late. Saylor passed out while holding a knife to Peeta's arm.

~~~

"You have been our mission from the beginning.
The plan was always to get you out. Half the Tributes were in on it. This is the revolution.
And you are the Mockingjay. And we're on our way
to District 13 right now" Heavensbee explains to Katniss. "13?... Where's Peeta?" Katniss asks. "He still has his tracker in his arm. Johanna and Saylor cut yours out." Haymitch tells her. "Where is he?"
"In the Capitol... They got him, Johanna... And Saylor."

Saylor opens her eyes and finds herself in a jail-like cell with her hands cuffed. To her left, she sees Peeta, and straight across from her is Johanna and Annie. "Morning sleeping beauty... welcome to hell," Johanna says with anger. "Where are we?" Saylor asks. "The Capitol," Peeta responds with a blank face. "Annie? What are you doing here?" Saylor asks. "I don't know... I was at my house and then two peacekeepers came and dragged me here." Annie responds. Saylor just hums in acknowledgment. "Are we the only ones?" Saylor asks praying that they got Katniss out or it would have been for nothing. "As far as we know," Johanna answers. Finnick? Saylor wanted to ask but she was also afraid of the answer.
"They are going to pull you out for questioning... But don't believe anything they say. " Peeta warns Saylor and right on time the door opens and two peacekeepers walk in. One of them looking very familiar to Saylor...

———————————————————————————

PLEASE READ!!!! CONTAINS NEXT BOOK COVER AND TITLE!!!!! <3

AHHH the last chapter of Promise Me!!! Thank you so much for reading and voting! I appreciate all of you!

Please give me all your thoughts about the story and my writing! I would love to know how I can improve.

Also, do you guys like shorter chapters and quicker releases? or longer chapters with longer releases?

(Believe Me | Saylor Odair)

See you there!!!