~15~

Saylor was sitting on her bed anxiously waiting for it to be noon. Her leg bounced in anticipation and she spun the ring on her finger.
A habit she picked up during the Hunger Games. She figured out that it helped her calm her nerves.
Deep breaths Saylor... it's going to be ok,
Saylor was beyond nervous, She didn't know what to expect. Saylor has never had a boyfriend or anything close to one.
Is it going to hurt? What am I supposed to do? What if I do something wrong and they get mad? I don't know what I am doing... Will President Snow get mad if I do badly?... All these questions were running through her head and it was overwhelming her.

Saylor stood up and started pacing back and forth. All her stress and worries were attacking her all at once. She was trying to remember to take deep breaths but it wasn't working.
A strong feeling of fear and dread consumed her. She felt lightheaded and it was getting harder to breathe. What is happening to me? I can't breathe... Why can't I breathe?
Saylor tried to go over to her bed but she couldn't move. It's almost like her body was frozen.
Suddenly the whole room started spinning and her vision started to blur. Saylor felt she had no control over her body.
"Saylor?" She heard a voice say.

Finnick had looked at the time and saw it was close to noon and he hadn't seen Saylor all morning and he was getting worried. He goes upstairs and knocks on her door.
No response."Saylor are you ok? can I come in?" He knocks on the door again and still no response. Something is not right... There's no way she still is asleep. Finnick thinks, He knocks one more time before opening the door. "I'm coming in Saylor." He opens the door and sees Saylor standing in the middle of the room. Finnick immediately sees her having a panic attack and walks slowly to her not wanting to scare her. He stands in front of her so that she can see his face."Saylor?"

Saylor hears her name but there is so much going on at once she can't tell if she imaged it.
"Saylor... It's me Finnick... Focus on my voice." Finnick? "I... C... Cant.. Breath" She said gasping for air in between each word. Finnick put his hands on her shoulder. "ok, Hey, Listen to my voice and follow my instructions. can you do that? Nod if you understand."Saylor nods her head. "See you are already doing great. We are going to take deep breaths together. inhale... exhale... Good. Again, Inhale... And exhale... Good, Sayy. "As Saylor followed Finnick's instructions her vision started to clear. Saylor looked at her brother with such lostness. It made him sad, seeing his sister like this was something he hoped he would never see.

Finnick helped her through a few more deep breaths and then hugged her. "What happened to me? " Saylor asks, "You were having a panic attack... I think we should talk about it..." He said, Saylor nodded.
"Do you know what might have triggered it?" He asks her, She shrugs.
"I don't know... I was just thinking then suddenly I couldn't breathe. it happened so fast." She answers, He nods. "Usually what causes panic attacks is stress or a whole bunch of emotions at once. Was there something bothering you?" He asks her,

Finnick has a feeling he knows what's bothering her. but he doesn't want to push her to talk about it if she doesn't want to. "I... I'm just scared. I don't know what's going to happen at the Capitol and I don't want to mess up and make President Snow mad... but I don't know what I am doing." She admits, Finnick stands up. Saylor looks at him confused. "I'll be right back. stay right here." Finnick leaves her and she stays on her bed like he told her to.

When Finnick came back to Saylor's room he had brought some sort of phone with him.
"When I won my game the Capitol gave me a phone so that they could contact me. I don't use it for anything else because I don't trust it, but I think this should be ok." Finnick hits a few buttons then he hands Saylor the phone. "Here, If you want to call Baylee just hit this button. you don't have to if you don't feel comfortable... But I thought that would be better than me." Finnick tells her, "Thank you Finnick... Yeah, I think it would be best if I talk to Baylee." Saylor looks over to her clock to see what time it is, She only has twenty minutes before she has to leave.
so not wanting to waste time she hits the button to call Baylee. Finnick leaves her room to give her some privacy. "