~10~

Saylor whole body was in pain. she tried opening her eyes but was having a hard time due to a bright light. "She's waking up... turn off the light." She heard someone say. She heard a light switch,

Once she opened her eyes she saw two nurses.
"Take it easy..." One of the nurses told her seeing that she was trying to sit up. "Where am I." Saylors's voice was very hoarse. And it was hard for her to speak. one of the nurses gave her some water seeing how she was struggling to talk. "You are at the hospital at the capitol. Do you remember what happened?" The nurse asked.
Saylor tries to think about what happened. She remembers winning. River...
She tears up thinking about him. She remembered Crying while holding River's body. Then she remembers seeing a plane and the two peacekeepers. She remembers passing out and someone carrying her. She nods her head at the nurse. "I passed out" The other nurse hands her a pill. "It's pain medication."Saylor takes the pill.

"We just need to run a few tests then you will be free to go. Now you do need to keep cleaning and changing the bandage on your neck so it doesn't get infected," The other nurse says then starts asking her questions.

The nurses were finishing up with all their tests, and they told Saylor that her team was waiting in the private waiting room for her.

Saylor opened the door to leave but was surprised to see the two peacekeepers waiting outside, guarding the door. What are they doing here? She thinks.
She ignores them and follows the signs to the waiting room but she is followed by the peacekeepers. Saylor opens the door to the waiting room and all heads turn to her. Finnick runs up to her and picks her hug while hugging her. "I knew you could do it... I'm so proud of you." Finnick says while holding back tears. He puts Saylor down and then Baylee comes and hugs her. "You did it! Welcome back."
"You did amazing darling," Cecilia says.

everyone was congratulating her. but Saylor wasn't happy she won. So many innocent lives were taken away, and she was a part of it. She was the reason some of them were dead, even if she didn't get along with all of them or know them. They didn't deserve to die.

She gives all of them a fake smile "Thanks... can I go home now?" knowing how his Sister feels Finnick grabs her shaky hand. " of course... let's go." Cecilia was about to say something but Finnick gave her a look. The last thing Saylor needs to talk about is the victory tour or anything to do with the Hunger Games.

Finnick and Saylor were on the train ride back home to District 4. Saylor was dazing out the window. While Finnick was playing a card game.

Cecilia and Baylee were going to wait a few days. Then they would go to District 4. Finnick had asked them to wait a few days so Saylor would have a few days of peace before they sprung ideas and preparation tasks at her.

"Finn? Why have the peacekeepers still been following me?" Saylor whispered asking Finnick. " I don't know... it was their orders." He whispered back. Finnick didn't like it but he knew there was nothing he could do.
"Hm... weird." why would I still need them to guard me? Saylor thought. Then she went back to staring out the window.

After a while, Saylor needed to use the bathroom so she got up and went to do her business. As she was washing her hands the water was turning red. She started freaking out and added more soap, but it just got more red. She looked up into the mirror and saw her outfit was covered in blood. And her neck was dripping in blood too. She screamed in horror.

Hearing Saylor scream Finnick rushes to the bathroom door. And so do the peacekeepers thinking she is in danger. "Saylor!? What's wrong!?" He knocks on the door. "I... I... It's my fault... why won't it wash off? " Saylor frustratedly mumbled talking to herself. "Saylor? Can you open the door?" He asks realizing she's not hurt physically. he knocks on the door a few more times. Saylor trance is broken once she hears the knocks. She looks back at her hands and there's nothing. Then she checked her clothes and neck. There was no blood. What just happened? Saylor thinks, and she hears another knock.
She opened the door and saw Finnick standing there worried. And behind him were the two peacekeepers.

"What happened? Are you ok?" Finnick asks frantically. "Uh... yeah I guess I was hallucinating. I'm fine... sorry for scaring you, " she said then quickly walked past them to go to her room.

Saylor laid in bed staring at the ceiling. She couldn't sleep. Every time she closed her eyes she saw River and Scout's bodies. She reached over to her nightstand and realized her glass of water was empty. So she got out of bed and walked to the living room, then the kitchen, and filled up her water. Then she walked back to the living room and sat by the widow. She noticed that there was only one peacekeeper instead of two. It was the one that she didn't know the name of.

"Why are y'all still guarding me?" she looks to the peacekeeper and asks. The peacekeeper looks at her and then looks straight ahead. It's silent for a while till the peacekeeper finally speaks. "We are under order... " She turns to him surprised that he spoke to her. "By President Snow?" She asks curious about who his boss is. "No, by our General commander." He says. His voice was smooth and had a slight accent to it.

Saylor was intrigued by these peacekeepers. Sejanus seemed too nice to be a peacekeeper. But this one she couldn't figure out. "What's your name?" She asked him not expecting him to answer, but she still asked. "I am a peacekeeper. I'm not allowed to give personal information out." He said. The girl just nodded. Understanding why he wouldn't tell her.
" Aren't you not allowed to talk?" She asks out of curiosity. He nods "Yes, technically we are not allowed to talk to people from the districts. But you are now a Victor. If victors asked us questions, We can answer, unless it's about our personal information." He explains. "Oh... that makes sense I guess," she says. After that, it was silent for a while. 

she didn't like the awkwardness so she got up to leave. "Well, I'm going to bed... So uh... Goodnight." She lets out awkwardly not knowing if she should say goodnight.
The peacekeeper gives Saylor a nod then she walks away to her room.

Saylor tries to go to bed but she still can't sleep. Her mind was too distracted with thoughts of the game and now of the peacekeeper. She doesn't know why but she is intrigued by him.

Sometime during the night, Saylor had fallen asleep.

She opened her eyes and she was in the arena. 'No.. this can't be happening. How am I back?' She thought.
She didn't have her backpack but she had her knife. Suddenly someone is screaming her name... it's River, "Saylor!! Help me!! Saylor, please!! " She starts running towards his voice. "River?! I'm coming! River!?" She yelled back in a panic. "Saylor!"
Saylor sees the net he was trapped in... it was the same one as Scouts. She felt sick. 'Who's doing this?' She thought. She ran over to River and cut him out of the net. He stood up and a sword pierced his chest. He fell on his knees and no one was there.
Saylor started sobbing."How could you do this to me." River said with anger. "What..." Saylor said while sobbing. She just wanted it to stop. "You did this!! This is your fault!" He Accused her. "I.. I-"
Saylor was so confused. " You will pay!" River got up and started choking her. She tried fighting back but he was too strong.

Saylor wakes up gasping from the nightmare. She looks around the room and realizes she's on the train and not in the arena. She starts crying. Why couldn't it have been me? She thinks.
After a while she calms down a little then gets out of bed, and takes a long shower, once she gets out. she gets dressed then stands in front of the sink, and looks into the mirror.
She doesn't even recognize herself. It's almost like all the happiness on her face was stolen. She looked miserable, And she felt it too.

She walks into the living room and sees her brother and the two peacekeepers. "Morning Sayy. We have about an hour till we are in District 4" he tells her. She nods and grabs a plate of food then sits across from Finnick. "How long do we get to stay home before the tour?" Saylor didn't want to do the tour but she didn't have a choice. "Only three days... you have the victory tour, the interview, and the party," he explains, her face falling in disappointment "You think the least they can do is give a week. But let's straight to celebrating all the dead kids" She angrily says sarcastically, but she's not joking.
" I'm sorry Saylor."Finnick feels awful that his sister has to go through all this and doesn't get a break. He wants to help her but doesn't know how.

———————————————————————————
These next Chapters are going to kinda be fillers.
I'm trying to show the trauma that Saylor has from the games.
it's honestly kind of hard for me to write emotions and stuff. I'm a person who lacks empathy. And doesn't know how to express feelings. So bare with me. Anyways lol thanks for reading!