~14~

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Victors of the 71st Hunger Games. Saylor Odair!" The Mayor introduced Saylor and she walked on stage.

"Thank you. I am honored to be here with you today. And to be with the families of your fallen Tributes. "
Saylor looked at her card and was about to read the next line but decided not to. Scout and Renee deserve more than just reading it from a card. She thinks then continues her speech.

"They fought with strength. and lived with honor... and dignity until the end, both Scout and Renee
were so young. But our lives aren't just measured in years. They're measured in the lives of people we touch around us. I know that without Scout, and Renne I wouldn't be standing here today.
I just wanted to say that-" Saylor pauses then looks to their parents.

Saylors's eyes started to water once she saw the pain in their eyes." I didn't know Renee I only spoke to her once. She could have killed me, but instead she showed me mercy. That's a debt I'll never be able to repay. " she takes a deep breath, then continues.
"I did know Scout He wasn't just my ally, He was my friend. He was too young, too gentle. And I couldn't save him. I'm sorry. " Saylor apologizes while looking at their parents. The mom starts sobbing even harder and the dad hugs and comforts her. The dad looks at Saylor with tears in his eyes and gives her a nod.
Someone in the crowd does Scouts whistle then we whole crowd joins them.

After she visited Scout and Renee's district. For the rest of the tour, Saylor read off the cards Cecilia made for her. They were all different except the end always had "The Tributes of this district were brave and noble warriors. They brought honor to their families and pride to their people.
We are all of us united, both victors and vanquished,
Panem today. Panem tomorrow. Panem forever."

Every night of the tour Saylor couldn't sleep. having to go to each District and essentially celebrate death didn't sit right with Saylor.
most nights, she would go sit in the living room and watch out the window.
she found the constant moving relaxing. it almost reminded her of the waves in the ocean.

The nights she would sit out in the living room the peacekeeper would be out there too. she didn't try to talk to him because she didn't want to get him in trouble. but every time she left, she would give him a wave or a smile, and he would give her a nod.

The tour was almost over. All she had left was the party at the capitol. Bailey got her dressed and styled. Then they made their way to the party.

(Her dress is different shades of blue and purple

(Her dress is different shades of blue and purple. Also, imagine it's more of a tool fabric )

Saylor followed behind Cecilia into the party with Finnick and Baylee by her side.
As she walked in, there was loud music, flashing lights, And lots of people. The more she walked in. The more people stared at her.
She put a fake smile on and kept walking.

Once they entered the party, Baylee linked her arm with Saylors. "If anyone makes you uncomfortable. Give me a look and I will come to save you with a makeup touch-up excuse." Baylee whispered to Saylor, "Thank you," Saylor whispered back.
"Of course, I got you. I'm going to go find some of my designer friends. But if you need anything let me know." Saylor nods, then Baylee walks off.