~26~

"Welcome. Welcome. As we celebrate the 75th anniversary and 3rd Quarter Quell of The Hunger Games." Cecilia announced to the people of District 4. "District 4's male Tribute..." Cecilia gave a sad smile to Finnick then picked his name off of the large bowl. "Is... Finnick Odair." Finnick walks forward and then gives his charming smile while waving to the crowd. "And for the female tribute... Cecilia sticks her hand in the bowl and grabs one of the pieces of paper. "Is... Annie Cresta." Cecilia said with sadness.

Annie burst into tears. Saylor immediately steps up. "I volunteer! I volunteer as Tribute" She says full of confidence. But truly she was just as scared as Annie. "Well then, The female Tribute is Saylor Odair..." Finnick and Saylor shake hands. Then Finnick puts his arm around Saylor while they both wave to the camera. "May the odds be ever in your favor," Cecilia says, Then two peacekeepers come and escort Saylor and Finnick straight to the train. "Wait... We get to say goodbye." Finnick argued but the Peacekeepers kept going. "Change of rules. You going straight to the Capitol."

"Are you mad at me?" Saylor asked Finnick since he hadn't spoken a word to her. He shakes his head. "No... I just... one of us is going to be stepping out of the arena. And it's going to be you. But I know you're too stubborn to accept it." He explains. "Finnick." She starts to talk but he stands up. "No. There's no discussion about it." He says then walks out of the room. Saylor sighs then rubs her face with her hands. She looks around the train and notices it is only Sejanus with her. Wheres Corio?

~~~

"All right. Now... Everything will be different, because it's a Quarter Quell. The Capitol has spared no expense. A new training center. New Tribute living quarters. And of course, a very special arena.
But this year you'll be facing other Victors. Capitol favorites. Smart, cunning, skilled. And they all know one another.
You two are the outsiders. I want you guys to forget everything you think you know about The Games.
Last year was child's play. This year, you're dealing
with all experienced killers." Haymitch explains.
"All right. What does that mean for us?" Peeta asks.
"That means you're gonna have to have some allies."
"Okay. I think that if..." Peeta begins but Haymitch cuts him off. "You're not the problem." He says then points at Katniss "No." She immediately says.

"Look, you're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years." Haymitch explains.  "That just puts us higher on their kill list," Katniss says not caring what Haymitch had to say.
"Do it your own way, but I know these people.
You go it alone, their first move is gonna be to hunt you down. Both of you." He says looking back and forth between the two. "Katniss, come on," Peeta says. "How could any of us even trust each other?" She asks.
"It's not about trust. It's about staying alive."

"Cashmere and Gloss. Brother and sister. District 1.
They won back-to-back Games. Capitol favorites.
Lots of sponsors. They will be lethal."He clicks the remote and the screen switches.
And the other half of the Career Pack, Brutus and Enobaria." Haymitch says while pointing to the TV screen.
"What's with her teeth?" katniss asks.
"She had them filed into fangs so she could rip people's throats out," Haymitch explains.
"She's committed. I'll give her that." Peeta says

"Wiress and Beetee. Not fighters, but brilliant.
And weird. Real tech-savvy. He won his Games by
electrocuting six Tributes at once.
The Morphlings. Masters of camouflage.
Basically, won their Games by hiding until everyone else was dead. Self-medicating ever since. Which I applaud. Not a threat." He says then switches the screen again.

"Finnick Odair, right?" Katniss asked
"Yes. He won his Games at 14. Youngest ever.
Extremely humble." He says with sarcasm.
"You're kidding?"
"Yes, I'm kidding. He's a peacock. A total preener.
But he's The Capitol darling. They love him here.
Charming, smart, and very skilled at combat.
Especially in water." He explains.
"What about weaknesses?" Peeta asks.
"One. His sister. Saylor Odair... She volunteered for Annie. Saylor is The Capitol's Princess. A very sweet girl... But don't underestimate her. Both she and Finnick would do anything for each other. If you mess with one. You mess with the other"