~19~

"I need to tell you something. Just Promise you won't get mad," Coriolanus said. It was late afternoon and Saylor found herself at the beach sitting with Coriolanus. "Ok fine, I promise I won't get mad." She told him and put her pinky up. Coriolanus rolled his eyes then connected his pinky to hers. "So what is it?" She asks curious about what was so important.

"You don't have to private entertainment anymore." He told her. Saylor was taken aback not expecting him to say that. What? How? "Why would I be mad? How? I thought-"
"But you have to sing for the parties." He interrupted her. Saylor stared at him with shock and confusion.
How do they know I can sing? Did he tell President Snow? Why would they want me to do that? Would it present Snow tell me himself? All these questions ran through her head.

"How do you know all this? " She asked him, " I got a message from President Snow this morning. He said you'll be doing an interview and performance with Caesar Flickerman. Then if the Capitol approves you'll be switched to a singer-entertainer." He explained. "How does he know I sing? You are the only other person besides Finnick who knows I sing. Have you been reporting back to the President now? Have you been telling him things about me?" She stood up starting to lose trust in him. Coriolanus quickly stood up with her.

"Wait, let me explain. You promised you wouldn't get mad." Saylor crossed her arms and let him explain. "Ever since the Capitol I have been trying to think of ways, I can get you out of the entertainment business.
Hearing you sing, gave me an idea that I knew President Snow would like, so I suggested it to him. I figured you would rather sing than sell your body." He explains. He sounds like he's telling the truth... But why would he care? also, why would the president listen to him?

Saylor thinks back to the time when Coriolanus and Sejanus told her that they had connections. Or how they knew that the cameras were fake. Who are they? I don't think they are normal peacekeepers.

" Why would the president listen to you?" For a second Saylor saw Coriolanus get nervous then quickly it disappeared. her suspicion started growing.
"My father, before he died was a higher-up in the Capitol... Because of this, I am a trusted peacekeeper. " He told her.
I think he's telling the truth again but there is something he is hiding. "There's something you're not telling me." She said, "I promise you, Saylor. There was no ill intent. I truly want to help you."
He tells her. "Why?" She quickly asked him.
"I- I don't know, To be honest." He admits then looks away from her.

He did save me from that awful job... And he has shown kindness where most people wouldn't. stop justifying him, Saylor. You barely know him.
Saylor noticed she was starting to enjoy his company. Something inside her wanted to be friends with him but she also knew she had to be careful.

"I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. But I'm starting not to trust you, And trust is a big thing in my eyes." She told him. "What can I do." He asks "What can I do to get you to trust me?" Saylor looks in the eye. "Tell the truth. And not half the truth. If you are lying about or hiding something from me. It's better to tell me now than have me find out myself. So tell me Coriolanus. What are you hiding."She fiercely asked. She stood there waiting for him to say anything but he stood there in silence. She turned to leave the beach not wanting to see or talk to him.

"I can't..." Saylor stopped walking and then looked back at him. "I can't tell you, Saylor, I want to gain your trust. But I understand why you're hesitant to trust me. But I give you my word Saylor, I'm not going to hurt you, Or sell you out... You said actions, speak louder than words. so let me prove it to you. Give me time and I will show you I mean it." He told her, Saylor gave him a nod and then walked back to her house. Saylor was torn between not knowing if she should trust Coriolanus or not. when she first met him, she thought she could trust him. but now she's a little more skeptical.

" So, Saylor enough, Victor talk. A little birdie told me you could sing!" Caesar Flickerman said and the crowd gasped. " I know right?"He says to the crowd  "Is there anything you can't do? But anyways Capitol is it just me or do we want to hear Saylor sing?" The crowd yells and cheers. "Well, you heard the crowd. Will you sing for us?" He asked her then held up the microphone to her. "It would be my pleasure." Saylor stood up and walked over to the rest of the band that the Capitol had her perform with. And started to sing

(the song is "Never Let Me Go " by Florence & The Machine. I just picked a random song btw"

"And the arms of the ocean are carrying me
And all this devotion was rushing out of me
And the crashes are heaven for a sinner like me
But the arms of the ocean delivered me
Though the pressure's hard to take
It's the only way I can escape
It seems a heavy choice to make
But now I am under, oh
And it's breaking over me
A thousand miles down to the sea bed
Found the place to rest my head
(Never let me go, never let me go)
(Never let me go, never let me go)"

After she stopped singing silence was heard all around. Saylor looked around nervously. Was I that bad? suddenly, the crowds are roaring with cheers. Saylor looked at Caesar and he was already staring at her in shock. "T-That was outstanding! " He said to her while walking over to her. " ladies and gentlemen, Saylor Odair!!!"

Saylor went backstage and Baylee was the first one to hug her. "Ok, not going to lie I was not expecting you to be that good... But you absolutely slayed that stage. You killed it!" Baylee exclaimed.
Then Finnick came up to her and hugged her. "You did amazing Sayy." He told her then gave her another hug.

They were all about to leave the building when Caeser came running up to her. "Saylor! Sorry, I know you were about to leave but someone would like to talk to you. " He told her, Saylor told Finnick she would be right back then followed Caesar.

"Ms.Saylor... have a seat." President Snow says well motioning to the couch across from him. Saylor does what he says, and sits across from him. "That was quite a performance. The Capitol loves you even more. And they want to hear you sing more often." He tells her then watches her face for a reaction. but Saylor keeps her face blank. So he continues.
"So I'm changing your job. From now on, you'll be singing at every party. Same schedule as your last job... but if, for some reason, they get bored of you, you will be going to your last job. " He explained. "Any questions?" He asked.
"No sir." She responded.
"Good... you may leave." Saylor got up and walked out.

"That's amazing Saylor! I can't believe it." Finnick said as she told him the great news of not having to sell her body anymore. "I know right? I don't think I ever expected to be let off." She tells him. "I wonder what made him come up with the idea... Or how he knew you could sing." He thought out loud.
Should I tell him? I don't want to get Coriolanus in trouble so maybe not. "I don't know... Maybe Cecilia told someone I could sing then they told him." Finnick didn't look convinced, but he nodded anyway.