~22~

It had been a little over a year since Saylor's 18th birthday. She was now 19 and was still singing at the Capitol. The entertainment business was at an all-time high. But also at an all-time low. People loved Saylor and her band. But the sex worker part hasn't been doing too well. Saylor thought that it was great that it wasn't as Popular. But on the other side, Corio had told her that his cousin was getting in trouble for it. 

Saylor and Tigris had become good friends in the past year. Tigris had asked Saylor if she could design dresses for her and Saylor said yes. Which led to them spending a lot of time together.
Of course, Saylor felt bad for her friend but also she was thankful for Finnick.

Tonight was a big deal for Saylor and her Band, as well for the others. Tonight President Snow was coming to see Saylor perform as well to see how the entertainment business was going. Saylor was very nervous because if she did badly she was worried he would switch her back to an entertainment worker.
She knew the Capitol loved her but she also knew one wrong move and it was over.
"Everyone ready? This is the performance of our lives." The drummer joked," Ow" He exclaimed, Then rubbed his arm.
"Stop. You're making her nervous" One of the backup singers scolded then pointed to Saylor who was zoned out in her own world. "I was just trying to lighten the mood." He mumbled then sat at his drum set. The backup singer rolled her eyes and then walked over to Saylor. "Don't listen to him. Just treat it as just another performance. We got this." She tells Saylor then pats her shoulder. Saylor nods and tries her best to smile. Then turns to the rest of the band. "Alright let's do this... " Saylor gives a thumbs up to the sound people and then hears the announcer announce her name then the curtain opens.

"tell myself you don't mean a thing. And what we got, got no hold on me. But when you're not there, I just crumble. I tell myself I don't care that much
But I feel like I die 'til I feel your touch. Only love, only love can hurt like this. Only love can hurt like this. Must've been a deadly kiss. Only love can hurt like this" Saylor sang. Her eyes glazed over the crowd and right in the middle was President Snow. She wasn't surprised to see him trying to intimidate her.

Saylor kept looking in the crowd till she found the comforting blue eyes that she had become so fond of.
Saylor made eye contact with him then looked away trying not to make it obvious. And Coriolanus was trying to hold back a smile.

"Your kisses burn into my skin. Only love can hurt like this (Only love can hurt like this)
Only love can hurt like this (Only love can hurt) save me, save me. Only love, only love
'Cause only love can hurt like this. And it must've been a deadly kiss"

Saylor had finished performing and was walking to Tigris's dressing room to ask her for help on braiding her hair. Saylor was surprised to see just Sejanus outside her dressing room but didn't think much of it. As she was getting closer she could hear voices arguing in Tigris's dressing room. "Coriolanus I do not care of your opinion. This does not concern you." President Snow's voice rang out. Saylor stopped in her tracks. "We should go," Sejanus whispered to Saylor, Saylor nodded then turned around but then quickly stopped. "You can't make Tigris do that! Don't you have any decency in you?" Coriolanus exclaimed. Sejanus grabbed Saylor's hand and pulled it with him. but the next sentence she heard made her freeze. "I am your Grandfather, You listen to me! And that is final" President Snow yelled. And the door opened. Sejanus yanked Saylor behind a wall and covered her mouth.

President Snow... Is Corio's grandfather!? That's why he has so many connections in the capital. that's why he listened to Corio about my singing.
Why didn't he tell me? Probably so he could learn stuff about me and report to his grandfather so they could use it against me. I'm an idiot... the one person I trusted.. The one boy I... Saylor's thoughts were cut off when Sejanus spoke. "Ok he left, we need to leave." He said while peeking around the corner. Did Sejanus know? Of course he did
Sejanus looked back at Saylor and grabbed her shoulders making her look at him. "Hey, I know it's a lot but right now I need you to focus so we don't get in trouble." He softly said. Saylor nods then wipes the tears that she didn't even know had fallen and follows Sejanus back to her dressing room.

Saylor quickly packed up her stuff and then left her dressing room. "I want to go home. You can come with me or wait for your friend. I don't care." She tells him and walks away. Sejanus doesn't hesitate and follows Saylor.

As soon as they enter the train Saylor goes to her room. Saylor was overwhelmed with emotions. She was mad at Coriolanus for hiding that from her. But she was also mad at herself for trusting him.
Saylor spent the night thinking about Coriolanus disappointed that the one good friend she had turned out to be the grandson of the man she hated.

Saylor was trying to sleep. Tossing and turning but her mind was still filled with Coriolanus. After she got back from the Capitol she had isolated herself in her room. She didn't want to talk or see anybody. Finnick would come in and check on her but he was getting worried. "Did something happen?" He would ask but Saylor would just shake her head or tell him she didn't want to talk about it.

"He is one of the cruelest men I know. He's the one who gave me the scars on my back...  And I hate him. But he's also a part of me... And in scared I'm just like him." this kept replaying in Saylor's mind.
Is he like President Snow? The Coriolanus I know isn't... but do I even know Coriolanus? Saylor thoughts were interrupted by something flying through her window and hitting the ground. Saylor turned on her lamp and got out of bed. She picked up the rock and saw it had a note.

"Meet me at the beach. I know I have a lot of explaining to do. I'll be waiting - Corio"

Saylor ripped the note and threw it in the garbage. She crawled back into bed and tried to go back to sleep. But after a while, her curiosity got the better of her. She put her shoes on and grabbed a sweatshirt.

"I thought you weren't gonna come," Corio says as he sees her walking towards him. "I wasn't... Start explaining how you kept such a big secret from me."
She says. "I wanted to tell you, Saylor... I really did."
"Then why didn't you? Are you working with him? Are you-" He cuts her off. "No. I'm not. And I know it's going to be hard to trust me but I Promise you, Saylor. Everything I told you was true. I hate my grandfather and I don't want to be like him. I know I should have told you but I was scared." He admits, Saylor scoffs "Scared? Scared of what? "
"I was first scared if I told you you wouldn't want to become friends or trust me. But when we did become friends I was scared of breaking your trust. I know how much you hate him and I knew if I told you... You would hate me too."

Saylor was torn. of course, she was still mad at him for keeping that from her, but she couldn't hate him for it. She wanted to yell at him and tell him that she never wanted to see him again but she also wanted to hug him and tell him that it was ok and she forgave him. Do I trust him? Do I forgive him? She asked herself. Saylor was having trouble figuring her feelings out. Over the past year she had found herself liking Coriolanus in a different way than just a friend. Becoming frustrated she started to cry.
Coriolanus took a step closer to her and wiped her tears. "Don't cry... I know it doesn't mean much but I'm sorry." He softly says while rubbing his thumb over her scar. Saylor used to find it comforting but right now it was too much. She took a step back and shook her head. "Don't touch me." She told him. "Saylor..." He called to her. "No... I just... I can't... it's to much." She said then ran back to her house.

Coriolanus stood there with what felt like a knife in his heart. He had done this. The one person that made him happy hated him and there was nothing he could do about it. Ever since that night in the pool Coriolanus knew he loved Saylor. But not wanted to mess it up he waited for her. But he ended up messing it up anyways.
Saylor saw good in Coriolanus where he didn't see any. She made him better and Coriolanus thought he had ruined it. I'll wait for her as long as it takes.

——————————————————————————