~7~

(Her after-party dress

(Her after-party dress. It's a light blue, to a darker blue gradient.)

She and Baylee walk out of the dressing room to see the rest of the team waiting for them. River and Finnick look incredibly nervous. Saylor walks up to River and snaps. "What the hell is that?!
You say you wanna train alone and barely talk to me. Then you say you have a crush on me?!" she exclaims. "Look I can-"
Saylor quickly interrupts him." I don't even want to hear it." she walks off and heads to the after-party the others follow her silently.

The whole after-party Saylor was miserable. It was a whole bunch of drunk capitol people eating a ton of food.
They were told they just had to make an appearance, then they could leave.
Deciding she had enough and needed a break she went to the bathroom.
She stood in front of the bathroom sink and mirror trying to hype herself up to go back outside. But then the bathroom door opens, and the female careers walk up behind her.

"Oh look it's the capitol princess... " Julia says while the other one laughs. "guess what? we are coming for you first... and then we shall see how good the last name Odair really is... You Odairs think you are so high and mighty... but from what I have heard. Your brother is not even as good as he pretends to be. He is just another arrogant, selfish, greedy, male in the capitol. "
Saylor turns around to face the careers. Anger consumes her. as they say those very untrue things about her brother. "You're just jealous that I have the capitol wrapped around my finger. Who do you think they are going to sponsor? The girl who doesn't even have to try to get them to like her? Or the girl who has to wear a see-through dress for them to even look at her? I'm sure your mother is very pr-" As Saylor finishes her sentence she is punched by Julia. Saylor knows she could get in big trouble if they have a big fight so she doesn't punch back. Saylor then is pushed against the sink. Julia tries to punch her again but misses as Saylor ducks making Julia's hand hit the mirror.
Saylor tries and walk to the door but the other tribute grabs her and shoves her against the wall. As they are about to punch her the bathroom door opens
"Saylor are yo-" Baylee froze as she saw the position that they were in. The tributes immediately back off of Saylor.

Saylor was waiting in one of the many rooms in the building as her team was talking to the game maker and the District 2 team.
Someone knocks on the door and then opens it. River walks in. "Hey... How are you?"
"Well, my back hurts from being slammed against the wall. But other than that... she punches like a girl," she says jokingly. He gives a small chuckle.
River then sits across from her. "I'm sorry I snapped at you." Saylor apologizes.
"You know, I meant that as a compliment. And to help us both." Saylor nods "I know... I just don't wanna be another piece in their game, you know?"
She explains. "You mean you won't kill anyone?" he asks
"No. I'm sure I would, just like anybody else when the time came. But, you know, I just keep wishing I could think of a way to show them that they don't own me. You know, if I'm gonna die,
I wanna still be me. Does that make any sense?" she asked him hoping she didn't sound crazy.
"Yeah." he nods
"I just can't afford to think like that." River gives her a sad smile and is about to speak but the doors open.
Finnick, Baylee, and Cecilia walk into the room with two peacekeepers. "So, even though they broke the rules and tried to go after you since tomorrow is the game they're going to dismiss their punishment. But to prevent it happening again you now have two peacekeepers that go with you everywhere." Cecilia says while pointing to the two peacekeepers. "What? Why do I need them to follow me?" Saylor asks not liking the thought of the peacekeepers following her wherever she goes. " It's a precaution to make sure it doesn't happen again. It's a Game makers rule" Cecilia explains. "This seems more like a punishment for me," she mumbled
She looked over to the peacekeepers and was a little surprised to see that they looked like they were her age.
One of them was tall and skinny with piercing blue eyes. And the other was shorter with brown eyes.

Saylor stepped out of the elevator and went straight to her room. The two peacekeepers followed right behind her. She turned around and looked at the both of them not happy that they were standing outside her door.
"Can't y'all just keep guard at the elevator?? It seems a little unnecessary for you guys to be at my door. "
"I'm sorry ma'am, we are just following orders"
The shorter one spoke. Saylor is surprised by this. First peacekeepers aren't supposed to talk and second, he apologizes and that is just unheard of when it comes to peacekeepers.
The tall one gives the short one a look.
"Right... I don't think anyone is going to climb through my window. the only way they can enter is through the elevator. " the peacekeepers look at each other and silently communicate. Well, that's what Saylor thinks they're doing anyway.
They look at her then nod and walk to guard the elevator. finally... she thinks.
Saylor gets ready for bed and then hears a knock on the door. She opens it to see Finnick.
Finnick comes in and then sits on her bed. He then pats the spot beside him for her to sit.

"Saylor... I want you to promise me something." she looks at her brother confused, but she nods her head. "Promise me that you will do what it takes to survive... don't give up. I know what it's like in that area. You will start to think that it might be better to die than to survive. But promise me you won't give up. " Saylor nods again. "No... I need you to say it."
"I promise," Saylor says while sticking out her pinky.
Finnick gives a small smile and connects his pinky with Saylor, Finnick then pulls his sister into a hug
"I love you Sayy... you got this," he says with tears in his eyes. "I love you too Finn," she says also with tears in her eyes... 

The two siblings stay like that for a few minutes until Saylor pulls away. "Finn... can I ask you something?"
"Of course, anything." Finnick immediately responds. While giving his sister a comforting smile.  "What happens if I win?" Finnick smile immediately drops. "Well.... You go on a victory tour and you do a lot of interviews."

"Finnick, I know you protected me from something after you won. And I know that me, being like you, in the capitol isn't a good thing... That being the Capitol's princess isn't a good thing. Don't lie to me"
Finnick sighs and runs his hands through his hair out of stress. Not knowing how to word what he's about to say. "Getting the capitol to like you right now is a really good thing. As you know that's how I won my game a sponsor sent me a trident. But if the capitol finds you desirable... and you win your games. You are forced to make a deal..."

Finnick was worried when the capitol started liking his sister. But he also knew that it would help her tremendously in the games. He didn't think that the capitol would find her desirable, as she didn't try and show herself off like the career girls. But as soon as she was nicknamed "capitol's princess" Finnick became nervous for his sister.

"What kind of deals?" Saylor asked her brother.
"Saylor, listen to me... all you need to focus on right now is winning." Saylor shakes her head "Finnick tell me."
"Saylor I will do anything and everything to protect you. No matter what it is. I always have. And I always will. And right now I need to protect you from this, ok? If it happens or the time comes I will tell you everything, ok?" Saylor nods in defeat. "Promise?" she asks "I promise, now get some sleep ok?" he says while walking to her door to leave.

After Finnick left she just sat there. her thoughts running a mile a minute.
Ever since she and River went up to the roof the first night she has been going up there every night to clear her head. This night being no different she quietly opens her door and walks out. But she stopped as soon as she heard talking.
"Sejanus! We are not allowed to eat while on the job!" someone whisper-yells. "Will you relax? It's not like anyone is up. Besides, if we have to stand here all night. might as well snack a little." the peacekeeper named Sejanus whispered back.

Saylor decides to step out at that moment and both peacekeepers freeze. Saylor lets out a small chuckle seeing as the peacekeepers don't know what to do.
"Relax... it's not like I'm going to tell on you." the peacekeepers make eye contact and then look at Saylor. "What are you doing up? It's late." Sejanus asks the girl. The other peacekeepers hit him on the shoulder. " dude she already heard us talk. "
Saylor is very amused with the two boys. "Well I was going to go to the rooftop and then I forgot about you two having to guard me. Also... it's only 11:00 pm" Both of the boys look at the clock and then back to her. To them, it felt like it was already 3:00 am
"The rooftop? Why?" Sejanus asks. "Just to clear my head." She response.
Sejanus hums in acknowledgment. She looked back in forth between the two boys. The tall one whom she still doesn't know the name of. And won't stop staring at her. And the shorter boy whose name is Sejanus. "But, now I think I will just get some water and go back to my room," she said while heading to the kitchen. She grabs some water and then goes back to her room.
That was weird, She thinks. But thoughts of the tall blue-eyed peacekeepers still lingered in her mind

———————————————————————————
Thank you so much for reading!! The next update might take me a while to write... I want to do all the game in one chapter.
Let know know what you guys think so far!!