The Dangerous Chemistry of Gandra Dee (A Sea/Fenton(/Della) Story)

After being sick that day I joined Dewey and Della to the Doomsday Vault and I somehow used my glow, I felt better by the next morning. Still having no idea about why I had such powers that were extremely redundant and cliché for a "new character in the story" to have, I went to Sean's and met up with Fenton a week later. He said he was paying, but today he seemed in a hurry. I didn't ask why, so I tried to be fast with my problems.

Sealia: Any new information or ideas about why I glow? I'm starting to feel really cliché about being the "new character" in the story if you know what I mean.

Fenton seemed distracted.

Fenton: I think I know what you mean, but... I don't...

I looked the way he had looked behind me, I didn't see anyone I knew in particular. Turning back to him I knew, in reality, my problems were the least of my problems.

Me: What's on your mind?

Fenton looked back at me and leaned forward. I got in closer to him.

Fenton: I was here the other day getting coffee for both Dr Gearloose and myself, and I bumped into this lady.

My eyes widened.

Fenton: This lady was my height, had brown hair and blue eyes. We shared a long stare before she walked out. It may have been my imagination, but I considered then to get her name, but I didn't and I got concerned. Should I be as concerned as I feel right now?

I sighed and chuckled.

Me: No, that wasn't "her."

Fenton: Oh good! I was worried I messed up something!

Me: No you're okay, I know how the woman will meet you and who she is. You don't have to worry about that.

Fenton: Okay. I sometimes feel like since I don't know who she is, I'm missing the chance to meet her like you want me to... I think about how you know everything and all that you've told me, probably a lot more than I should know.

I shrugged, he looked off to the side, then back.

Fenton: I've been thinking and working a lot on how to get you home like you wanted, and I think the easiest way to get you back would be a portal of some sort.

Me: Like the Soleg—Oh!

Fenton shot up and looked at me with wide eyes.

Fenton: Solego? As in the scientist? What about him?

I started breathing harder and hyperventilating. I held my head up with my hands and broke eye contact with Fenton.

Fenton: Sealia! Are you okay? What's wrong?!

Me: You weren't supposed to know about him yet! It's too soon!

Fenton got in front of me and bent down to my level, and stared at me compassionately.

Fenton: Hey, hey, calm down! It's okay! I won't think about it!

Me: True, by now she's here, but it's not even past the— No! I'm not spoiling anything else!

Fenton's eyes widened.

Fenton: "She's" here?! Now?

I shook my hands in frustration.

Me: Forgot I said anything! I'm ruining everything! Don't talk to me!

I got up and ran out of Sean's. I could feel the eyes of everyone staring at me as I bolted out of the doughnut shop. I ran towards home, despite the rain, and tried the door. It was locked, and I didn't have the key! I broke down crying on the front steps of my house. The rain was loud even though it wasn't coming down hard. I hadn't heard footsteps coming. Someone sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I moved my head the opposite way. It was definitely Fenton.