GlomTales! (A Louie/Glomgold/Della story)

LOUIE'S POV:

So, I'm still technically grounded, but at least I have a good reason to avoid whatever crazy adventure the rest of the family is going on. Being stuck in our room wasn't so bad either since I could sleep when I wanted.

Louie: Okay, being grounded for a week isn't so bad.

I smiled to myself as I picked up my phone.

Louie: I've got my phone which is also a tv, so that's nice!

Turning it on, I expected to see my lockscreen, not Mom. She came up on a video.

Della: Hi sweetie! Remember you are still grounded to some extent, so I blocked your phone's signal and replaced all your videos with this lecture I've prepared on Ethics!

I chuckled, it was gonna take more than that to keep me from having a good time while being grounded. I grabbed Huey's WaddlePad.

Louie: Way ahead of you Mom. Thank you Huey!

I turned on Huey's WaddlePad thinking I was outsmarting Mom, but she appeared again on the WaddlePad this time and continuing where she left off on my phone! The video showed Mom with a dictionary in hand.

Della: Nice try Louie. The dictionary defines "Grounding" as--

I shut off the WaddlePad a little annoyed, getting up, I threw it up on Huey's top bunk.

Louie: Aw man...

Scrooge: HURRY UP KIDS! ADVENTURE CALLS AND I HAVE A BET TO WIN!

From outside, I could hear Uncle Scrooge calling out for the family. I went over to the window and sighed as I watched them all come out the front door.

Louie: Well, at least I can skip out on a insanely dangerous advent—wait...

Paying closer attention, I noticed Huey was putting together a few hobo bindles, Webby and Dewey were counting cans of beans, and Launchpad was humming!

Louie: NO WAY! THEY ARE NOT GOING WITHOUT ME!!!

ON THE FRONT PORCH: DELLA'S POV...

This adventure was going to be so much fun, but I was already thinking about how much fun Louie, and I would have together on our own little adventure together (wherever he wants to go). I brought fishing gear out to the Jeep as the rest of the family helped pack up the Jeep for the adventure. Huey finished his own hobo bindle and stood up and punched a hole in his hat. I chuckled at the sight of it "broken" on his head.

Huey: Uncle Scrooge, your bet with Glomgold ends at the end of today. Clearly you have more money than him. Doesn't another adventure seem a little... I don't know, mean?

Uncle Scrooge scoffed and smirked at Huey.

Scrooge: I didn't come this far by not hunting for treasure, so to guarantee my victory we are going after the Hobo King's Ruby Bindle.

Dewey peered out from the open window on the passenger's side of the Jeep.

Dewey: We're going where there's Cherry Pep springs and the con man sings!

Uncle Scrooge pointed and smiled at Dewey.

Scrooge: Where the gold geyser spews cash just for youse!

I smirked and added my own rhyme to the mix and smiled dreamily.

Della: Where all of your laziest, schemeiest, dreams come true...

Louie: YOU'RE GOING TO BIG ROCK CANDY MOUNTAIN!? Oh, I am so going!

Putting on a stern but saddened expression, I turned to Louie.