2| Inner Monolouge

A few days have passed, I think. I didn't do really anything- just laying around, breaking my brain with question which I can't answer right now. Everything just happened so fast. I still don't understand every event, yet otherwise it's getting sort of boring. Maybe, just maybe, I should explore my surrounding area a little. I ball my hand into a fist to get my blood stream circulating more again. I'll need another minute to regain my strength, I mean, I need to get up eventually. Also, my empty stomach is starting to kill me. After a minute, I slowly stand up, recalibrating my balance, breathing heavily. Suddenly, there is a sharp pain across my chest and I gasp in surprise, also loosing balance once more. W...What? No way! Breathing heavily, I look down to see my yellowish poncho turning red, sticking to my chest. Shit! This is not good! I clench my arm over the wound to prevent it from bleeding further. My scar hasn't reopened in ages! How did that happen?! The scar, existing from my first death many years ago is so annoying at times! And now, I have to deal with the pain for a while until I stitch the wound... meaning I can't sprint, do exercise or magic. It makes me truly weak, causing me to suddenly not feel save around this place anymore. At least it's peaceful, an open area: I'd be able to see enemies, even though I can't defend myself. Too be fair, they would be able to spot me immediately as well because I'm like- really tall. I sigh, clearly frustrated. God, my emotions are just so stirred up- and the wound is still coloring my poncho dark red. I look at the sky, dwelling in self-doubt.
Pff- all those events are ironically funny. Or weird? Or pathetic? Really, fate has just always been against me, at home, on travels and even now at my new lowest.

I concentrate my breathing to ease the pain and get a clear head. Okay, good, you can handle this, buddy. My identity needs to stay hidden, people look weird at me all the time, I wouldn't want that, especially in times I need help. I remember past interactions for a moment and dwell on insults, making my mental state worse and breaking my breathing pattern. I gasp and immediately clench my teeth, forcefully calming.
From what I've learned, listening to your inner voice is the right choice to make. So, like I just said, I decide to listen the uneasy feeling coming from my stomach -not only because of the wound- and reach with my right hand over my shoulders to my coat and put on the hood. Beneath the poncho I wear another coat with a hood. I also had a bag with some belongings, but I lost it, sadly. I unconsciously touch my neck in search for my scarf. A fuzzy, orange one. Thank God it is still there. The scarf has been giving me comfort my entire life and it would do great to bandage my open wound for a while. I had glasses too, yet my eye sight got incredible with the power up, so I traded them in a medieval universe for the poncho. It gives me more use for survival, you see. My now pretty red soaked poncho is usually yellowish-white with a light blue moon sickle over the right side and shoulder. It keeps me pretty warm, protects my skin against the sun and reduces attack's effects and I can hide my body. It's also fire proof because of my magic. The coat underneath covers my face, leaving it in shadows. Which is good. My companion always thought it was funny to see my eyes shine through the black shadows on my face, probably the reason I can see pretty well.

I straighten up and clear my mind, throwing a short thought at my companion. We moved to other places and she pointed out the fact that the coat is a mass update for me, she suggested me having it, to stop being so insecure about my body and face, to be more confident and better at the things I do. She said that, and she is right most of the time. I carefully bang my fist against my head. Stop dwelling thoughts, you need to stitch that wound and find out where you are! And that right away! I look around my current area, taking the surrounding in I previously just felt with my other senses. This place is truly beautiful! And more importantly: I was right. Around me is a wide field of long grass, mixed with trenches, probably home to small creeks and streams watering the area. Another soft breeze floats by and I relax a little at natures beauty. Turning to the big light bulb in the golden-orange sky I also spot the sea in the distance. So, my nose didn't trick me after all! Very good! I come to the conclusion that It's evening, the sun touching the horizon, steadily vanishing. Seagulls scream in the distance and the wind carries other screams with it as well. A mass of voices, indistinguishable from each other. People?! The thought both relieve and terrifies me. The best move would be to go to them, but I also fear the idea...