16| Party Disaster

Netherlands's POV

The day basically flew by and now it's 8pm already. Phil behaves a little weird, I guess he is just under the weather today. Hopefully he'll be okay. I sigh deeply, drawing. I love drawing, I've been doing it my entire life. Edvard Munch was a big inspiration to me as a child, I love his motives and the simple names of his work. Yet right now I'm just sketching with coal. During the travels of the past decades, I accumulated multiple sketchbooks. Sadly, they were scattered during the incident. Perhaps I'll search for them when I'm done here. With her. A fun project I believe. I really liked the books too, so getting them back would be a massive plus. I finish a doodle as steps from the steps are heard. Malay laughs and Indo giggles too.
"Let's go already! The party won't wait for us!"
"Hell yeah!" both laugh and I watch Philippines walking in the living room.
"Hey... you coming?" he asks and I take a quick look around, making sure that Indo and Malay are out the door again.
"Are you really okay?"
"I... I am."
"I don't believe you." I say, going as far to take one of his hands. Now Phil seems rather bothered, adverting his eyes.
"Phil."
I whisper. Phil swallows heavily and looks at me, opening his mouth.
"We- "
"Ayo, you two! Don't keep us all waiting!" a female voice interrupts and watches from the front door. I notice Phil slightly frowning, looking away again. I switch glares between him and her. Suddenly, and unwell feeling makes itself wide in my stomach. Did... she do something? No way, right? I bite my tongue and force myself to get up. I grab Phil and drag him to the door, grinning confidentially at her. She can't know that I know, or it might get worse for my friend.
"We're coming!"
"Good. What very you two doing?" she asks and in return I show my black fingers. They are black from the coal. Phil notices immediately and nods.
"He uh, showed me his coal sketches."
"..."
"T-They're very good!"
"Awesome. Now let's go, or else Malay and Indo might implode or something."
"Okay." Phil sighs and I exhale too as she turns, more relaxed than before. My and the Asian country trade knowing glares for a moment and afterwards we follow the others.

Wow. Okay. Now, we five are on our way to Ames party. I still don't quite know how to feel about all of this: Countries over countries that used to bully me, loud music, alcohol. I really think I shouldn't do that. I mentally shake my head, trying to shake my worries off. Oh well, as long as the others have fun, I'm satisfied, I guess. I'll just, stand in a corner. Like before.
It has been a while since I and her went to a party. Last time it escalated in murder. Anyways. After some more walking in the warm evening sun, we arrive at the Americans house. I haven't had a single drop of substance and I already feel like throwing up. It's not like you can't already can tell that a party is going on in there: Light shines through the windows, switching colors and also there is loud music.
.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna hate it in there. Too loud. Too flashy. My friend, who was walking next to me, suddenly pulls my head down. I mean- I am way taller than her so, it is the only way.
"Sorry but no drinking for you. I am serious." she whispers in my ear, utterly strict. I look at her face. Her expression is a mix of seriousness but also chill. Maybe, perhaps I'm reading her wrong.
"I don't want you to get drunk and do shit you will regret- okay? It has happened before and it sucked." she continues whispering, getting me a little flustered. I have awful behavior when I'm drunk, I've been sober for over 30 years now. Okay, not really, I had a beer here and then, but nothing close to being overdosed. Though, she's right. I don't want anyone else to know that I'm Netherlands until we... I decide the right time. Also, I really don't want to get fucked up today in any way possible. I know what they're like, and how bad it can be when drunk. Some even are quite deprived of their 'needs' since living in isolation and I can't imagine it having gotten better over the time I left. So, I nod and she smiles, knowingly.
"Great we can agree on that. And if someone harasses you, don't let them and hit them real good, I'm officially allowing it!" she chuckles, letting go of my head. Though I believe she is just looking for a little trouble, some drama to stir up. She's always been that way. I sigh. Hopefully this won't happen, I really don't want to draw more attention to myself than needed. While we had the conversation we reached the American's house, Phil already knocks on the door. It's opened by Australia, who greets us with a wide smile and red cheeks.
Oh God, already?