15| Invite

Indonesia's POV

I wake up, my head feeling heavy and my body feeling sore. I groan loudly and very long, rolling on my back I stare at a ceiling.
Huh?
What?
Wasn't the last thing I saw the sky? Or more like... him? Not even taking fully in where I am I already flush up.
"Urghh..." I groan and put my hands on my face. Then I put them down again. This clearly isn't the sky and I'm not outside anymore. I blink a few times slowly sit up- my vision getting all funky for a solid 30 seconds. I'm questioning reality until I realize that I'm in my room...
"Wait what?"
'How did we get here?'
"Good question. What happened again?"
'Uhm, well... As I previously mentioned I remember being outside with our 'Mate' and then-'
'oh.'

"OH, WAIT"- my memories from yesterday come back, hitting me almost back in the bed and like a brick. I did not just mentally break down in front of him. I sigh in disappointment of myself. But despite this being, all in all this time period being probably one the most embarrassing, I surprisingly feel a lot better now, or well- after that happened. Way lighter and almost refreshed. That, if my body wasn't aching in PAIN. After readjusting every muscle in my body, I dare to look at the time on my phone. Someone must have put it up for charging for me. How nice.
Currently, it's 9am. How did I sleep that long? I normally don't sleep that long. After a moment of staring onto my phone I snap back into reality, finally stand up- realizing that I'm just wearing pants. Eh? I think I've slept until now... and I don't recall waking in between now and passing out yesterday...
So that means-
Someone else must have done that.

I slightly blush at the thought someone seeing my bare body without my permission.
Whoever it was will get slapped by me-
I sigh, my head starting to hurt again, it still feels a bit heavy.
I take a few more moments to calm myself. In the end- I admitted to myself that it's kind of nice to not have slept in a dirty hoodie. In my laziness I keep the pants from yesterday and just pull a shirt over my head and put my hat on. Oh well, let's head downstairs.
'The person responsible still gets a slap.'
"Sure."

Then I walk outside my room and make my way downstairs.

Downstairs, I was greeted by two voices yelling from the kitchen. Oh, dear God, they're going at it again- I really don't have the nerves for that in the moment. I envy Phil for his patience. Lazily, I spy around the corner to see Malay and the woman stupidly serious arguing about the right type of chocolate. She was arguing about high dark chocolate (<70% Cacao) being way better than white chocolate (in her usually rude way) and that white chocolate isn't technically chocolate since there is no Cacao in it, while Malay tried arguing against it. Phil sits between them, not being a part of the conversation at all. He's shrunk into the chair, quiet and oddly looking, not eating. His eyes seem dead. It's shockingly different from his normal self. They haven't noticed me yet- being too busy with themselves. I'm not sure if I want to interrupt them, but then my 'Mate' turns his head and spots me. He smiles and gives me a little wave underneath the table. Well- So much to the topic of 'not being spotted' - eh. I smile back, relieved, and finally stepped inside the kitchen. Now also the others noticed me, stopping the argument immediately.

"Morning Indo!" Malay greets me first, sounding excited and way less annoyed than two seconds ago. He's followed by a
"Sup" from the woman. Only Phil isn't. He doesn't even seem to be here, mentally that is.
"Uhm... Is Phil okay?" I question, getting worried.
"He's just tired." the woman shrugs and eats. Malay seems unsure but doesn't comment on it. Look at them, despite the argument she seems to be in a rather good mood- probably amused about the rather pissed looking Malay, but it's kind of weird in comparison to the past week. She likes the world burning, I see. I sit down on my chair, getting myself some food from the table.
"Don't you want to eat anything, Phil?"
"Not hungry."
"O-Oh... make sure to get some rest, then."
"..." I'm met with no responds. I press my jaw and look at him, a little scared. I've been knowing Phil my entire life and he never behaves like this, even on his bad days.
"So- where were we?" Mal asked, looking at her. She stares back.
"White chocolate isn't chocolate, but one moment-" she then looked at me- Malays mouth leaving an oblivious fake gasp. Oh, dear god.
"May I ask what happened yesterday? You scared the living shit out of Phil as my friend came back carrying you while you were passed out." she proceeded to ask in a normal- interested voice. Mal only rolls his eyes- leaning back on his chair, glaring at her intense, clearly annoyed- while Phil shakes his head a bit. I causally blink at her, and slightly turn my head to my 'Mate'. Looks like he didn't 'tell' them what happened? ...well at least I don't need to be embarrassed about what happened, since they don't know a thing.
"Oh- I simply fell asleep- Sorry for shocking you." I lie. My 'Mate' nods, supporting my lie. Phew. Mal narrows his eyes and Phil doesn't even hear me fully. I start sweating, what are they expecting from me? I'm worried about Phil still. The woman laughs it off.
...
'Wait?'
"What?"
'She laughs it off?'
"Since when is she on my side- "
my thoughts get interrupted as she gives me a hard glare, knowledge lying in her eyes, and I freeze up for a moment.

She... does know... and she knows that I know she knows.
Oh no. I feel like that is bad thing? But has she not encouraged me to spend time with him? What's the deal with her?! I don't get it.

"Alright, alright- I get it. It happens. Be more careful next time. Right?" she brushes it off and pats my 'Mate's shoulder- leaving me uncomfortable. My 'Mate' tilts his head and shrugs at her responds. I sigh, the woman is weird. To hopefully break the growing awkwardness, I giggle a bit. Mal also sighs and Phil FINALLY decides to focus on food again. He eats! Yes! A good sign!
We keep eating and drinking at breakfast in a weird atmosphere. Then, at one point, I hear a phone vibrate and I pause for a moment, looking around to locate the sound. In the end, I'm looking at Malaysia. The others are giving him a side-eye as well. Mal blinks a few times, then takes out his phone to look. Phil gives him a quiet glare, yet doesn't say anything. He doesn't like the use of phones at the table. I personally think It's annoying of him to do so, but right now I'm just glad he just 'woke up' and is behaving more normal again.
'Thank you, Allah.'
"Indeed."

Now everyone is silently and motionlessly staring at Malay, who is hastily typing away at his phone, seemingly embarrassed. He looks at it for a quiet moment, then smiles.
Philippines sighs, clearly tired and annoyed.

"...So?" Phil actively breaks the silence. Malay looks up to him for the responds.
"I got- I mean- we got invited to a party. The dude and you, woman, can come too-" he says, grinning. He seems excited. A party?
'Sounds intriguing. Not sure if I like it. Alcohol makes people... violent.'
"Yeah... I know"
'We... shouldn't.'
"Don't say that just yet. Times have changed and people did as well."
'Not sure.'
"That's okay."
The woman seems skeptical at Malaysia's proposal.
"Stop. Hold up. I know I'm here for like a little longer than week, he has been here for a little over two, almost three." she points at herself and then at my friend, leaning back in her chair.
"-but since when do the others, that haven't met or really seen us, you know, invite exactly us to parties? Seems odd." she questions, rightfully. Okay so, Lux knows, Ame knows, Japan, Poland, Singapore, Russia... us... but... I clear my throat and look at the ceiling.
Me, Malay and Phil start sweating a little. Yeah, ACTUALLY we started flexing on the others with the fact that we got people from outside, which as said, is in fact really rare. We DID make them promise to not tell the internet though. And so far, no one got here.
The woman scans over us, seeing the situation, sighing.
"Never mind, I don't even want to know..." she adds to the previous sentence, leaning back in her chair further. The round exhaled. I start smiling again. Time to make that conversation work!

"That's really cool to invite us! Who's party is it?" I ask. Mal looks me dead in the eyes, amusement laying deep inside.
"Americas-" he then answers. I roll my eyes. Of course.
"Of course it's the American..." Phil comments, unmotivated.
"It'll be fun!" I say.
'No it won't.'
"Calm, it's just another social event."
'...'
"Alright." my friend sighs.
"Mm... Sounds fun, yeah, sure I'm coming." the woman says, seeming actually a bit excited, but I'd take that with a grain of salt. That's nice, despite she just questioned how the wider range of countries know of her existence. Then we all look to our 'Mate'. He seems unsure about the whole situation. Please say yes- Please say yes- Or just nod- PLEASE-
"Come on- it's gonna be fun-" Malay says to him, they look each other. The man seems critical, but soon gives up and sighs, nodding. We all cheer immediately, making him definitely visibly surprised. He raises his hand, and then put it down again, not only speech- but also sign-less I guess. Pff- Then he shook his head, and all of us burst out in laugher. Oh, this day will go great for sure-

For sure...

«A turncoats return»On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara