Extra Chapter

I keep watching the sun set. I had a fight with Dad and left the house afterwards. He is so cruel to me. Even though I've barely defied him. Even Belgium and Luxembourg have less stress with him, it is as if I am his scape goat... the scape goat for the loss of his former glory. I remember the time Germany was at my house and talked about the concept of scape goats and how it can help a community to bond again, except for me, I'm being left out. A cool breeze flushes by and even though I wear my trusty scarf and a pullover, I shiver. It's getting dark and cold. It's already September. I sigh. I can't go home now, I just can't. Maybe I can at Germany's place. Surely, I can sleep there for the night. I take a good, long look at the sunset. The sun has almost vanished behind the ocean. I still miss my land sometimes. The great architecture and the food and people, but I guess it can't be helped. I exhale again and get up, making my way back to town.

Reaching the German family's house, it already dark. As I ring the door bell, Germany's father, Third Reich opens the door. I always get nervous around him, even though he changed and readjusted his goals as well as swearing to never touch politics ever again. He did terrible things, yet I have respect in him still, so I stay polite.
"Good even, Reich."
"Holland? What are you doing here this late?" he asks, slightly confused. I grid my teeth as I don't quite approve of the nickname, yet I don't call him out on it.
"Uh, I can't really go home right now..." I mumble, fiddling with my fingers. Reich sighs.
"Come in." he steps aside to let me in. I look at him, thankful and get inside the warm house. I walk into the living room and see Germanys brother East reading. Weimar sits on an armchair and the Empire hums from the kitchen. A lot of men in this household.
"Ah, Niederlande, willkommen!" suddenly, Weimar greets me with a friendly smile. We had great dealership in the past so we are cool with each other. The other two men notice me now too.
"Hey Neth."
"Hallo!"
"Hey Weimar, East and Empire."
"What brings you here?"
"Uh... Dutch."
"Oh, I see. Again?"
"Ja..."
"Don't worry, you can spend the night here!"
"Thank you."

"West is upstairs if you're wondering." East points at the stairs and then corrects his glasses.
"Alright, sorry for disturbing you all this late."
"It's no problem." I hear as I already go up the stairs. I wish I was really part of the family; they are so friendly now. I walk down the rather dark hallway, unbothered to turn on the light until I reach Germany's room.
I knock.
I open the door carefully, to not disturb if he's doing anything that requires focus.
Next thing I see, nothing could have had me prepared for. The room is dimly lit and at the end of it, Germany and... and Poland(?!) sit on the bed, Poland going for my best friend's throat and shoulder. Germany is whimpering slightly, grabbing onto him, very content with the behavior of the other male. I grab onto the door, my mind racing with thousands of thoughts. When did that happen?! I didn't know those two were a thing! Why is Germany letting this happen?? In my state of shock, I simply keep watching as they make out.
"Hn.. P...Polen~"
"Shh, Niemcy~"

OKAY, I THINK IT IS TIME I SHOULD INTERWIEN??
I (awkwardly) clear my throat. Immediately, both go onto distance, looking with widen eyes to the door.
"Neth?!"
"Uh, good evening." I say, and watch as Poland's face changes to various emotions, yet Germany is the first one to regain composure.
"How long have you been there?!"
"Long enough to hear you moan- " I say, traumatized. Germany's cheeks start burning and Poland covers himself with the bed sheets.
"I'm so sorry."
"Well, I kind of just got here..."
"Because of Dutch?"
"...Mhm."
"Oh my, I'm sorry to hear that. Please, come in." he invites and I close the door. I will ignore what has happened, for now. I sit down next to Germany and watch Poland getting closer to my best friend, eyeing me carefully.
"I'm... not going to eat you or anything."
"Ah!" the Polish squeaks and is embarrassed.
"Sorry..." he mumbles and Germany touches his... I guess boyfriends' hair.

"I didn't know you two were a thing."
"Well, no one is supposed to know yet."
"Aha."
"Neth..."
"Yeah, don't worry. I've seen nothing."
"Thank you."
"What did he do this time."
"Raging alcoholic. It's getting worse."
"Oh, that is not good."
"I guess." I sigh, glaring ahead. I hear shifting.
"Uhm, your Dad is a raging alcoholic, Neth?" Poland quietly asks.
"Frankly, yes."
"O-Oh."
"And there is nothing we can do." Germs sighs, he is the only one who understands my pain.
"What? Why?"
"Because I'm the scape goat for everyone's fucking problems, Poland!" I say rather loudly and a little more aggressive, standing up. I'm just fed up with it. It's only a matter of time before I... before I...
"Neth!" Germany scolds me for being loud.
"What?! Just because his problems are over doesn't mean it invalidates mine!"
"He never even said that!" Germs grabs my hand and squeezes it. I look at him and he stares back at me. I take deep breaths.
"Sorry." I mumble and sit down again, sighing.

"Neth..."
"..."
"I think... you should sleep." Germany says after a while and I feel my heart ripping apart. Usually he doesn't brush it off, why this time? Is it because of Poland? It must be. Of course, he'd prefer his boyfriend over his best friend... I knew it. Now he likes his times with others, he doesn't even want to comfort me anymore like before. Perhaps he has grown tired of it? I'd understand why. I swallow heavy.
"Y...Yeah. Sorry for disturbing." I say, my voice getting stuck in my throat. They want to be alone; they don't want me here. As I get up the world around me seems surreal. Germany says something but I don't even hear it, closing the door behind me.
This hurts... a lot.
It takes a lot to not tear up, and I manage to control myself. I walk downstairs again. East and Weimar have left, Rech is reading the papers and the Empire is eating pudding. He notices me first.

"Hello again."
"Hey..." I respond, seeing that Reich perks his eyes above the papers to follow the conversation along.
"Is everything okay?" Empire, if you knew...
"Uhm... Germany wants to be alone at the moment, so I don't know what to do." I rub my head and avoid eye contact. Reich picks up on that.
"Is everything alright between you two?"
"Yes. Yes. Of course." I hastily respond. Despite the pain, I can't just throw Germany under the bus. Do they even know that Poland is here?
"Well, if my son doesn't want you in this room, you're free to sleep on the couch, or ask East." Reich continues and offers me alternatives.
"Ah, thank you, I'll ask East."

Andso, I go upstairs again, passing Germanys room with a heavy heart.