9| Figuring Out

Philippines's POV

I lean against the door, making sure it's locked, that no one would enter or listen. We three aren't alone in this house anymore, after all. The woman seems nice on the surface but something about her makes me a bit uneasy. If it is just the appearance or something more? Indo clearly doesn't like her, he said her character is rotten, yet I wouldn't go as far to say the same yet. Indo is the type of person who is very emotional and circumlocutory. And our walls are thin, if you stand at the door, you hear the steps from someone who's walking past the room or even up the stairs. Around 15 minutes ago, the tragedy struck: Mal came to me, he likes spending his time on our deck whenever he isn't making online content. The deck in beneath the balcony of our guest room. So, it was a shock to him and also me when he told me that he heard our nameless man talk, or- at least mumble with our new guest from the balcony, while he was chilling beneath them.

So, both of the strangers are keeping secrets from us. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about letting them stay here or not, anymore. Malay said he didn't understand a thing from both of them, which is really sad to be honest. I would have loved to hear what they two are so secretive about. I look at Indo, who is sitting on his bed, and at Malay, who is standing in the middle of the room. Indo stares at him in shock and confusion. It doesn't seem like he fully believes it. That's understandable. And he was just chatting with him too. I already spot the pad with various words scribbled onto them. The handwriting looks rather clean.
"Are you sure Mal?" Indo starts questioning Malaysia. Mal nods, interrupting Indo as he opens his mouth to talk.
"I heard him mumbling to that woman. It was clearly him. Her voice is definitely, 100%, never in any world that deep."
"No way."
"Indo, sorry. I love you, but why the hell would I make that up? What benefit would it have?"
"..." Indo doesn't respond.
"And what were they mumbling about if I may ask?"
"Uh- actually- I didn't quite understand them, they were too quiet." Mal awkwardly explained, rubbing the back of his neck. Indonesia looks with an incredible accurate you-cannot-be-fucking-serious-expression, which is hilarious, yet the wrong thing I should be amused about right now.

Malays statement is followed with silence, especially Indos brains seems to be working on immense speed.
"And what does that exactly mean in conclusion now, exactly...?" Indo asks, looking at me for some reason. I have been thinking about that in the short period of silence. Malay is spitting facts, why is he looking at me now? Oh well, perhaps I really should say something for once in this.
"Well, it does mean he's- no both of them are hiding something from us. It must be really important if they make such a big deal of something simple like voice. Either they really don't trust us with anything or- "
"No, that cannot be the case. At least 'he' has trust to us on a certain level I believe."
"Or they're doing it very intentionally, like in the other way." I slowly finish after Indo has nullified my first statement, trying to think of an answer myself, my mind going through different options. But why would they hide intentionally something from us? It doesn't add up. What makes us so distrusting? Nothing in my logical reasoning of this case adds up! What a waste of time to break my brain about. But now It won't let go of me.
Mal stretches and said something I expected to hear from him.
"Let's find it out then! They won't be able to keep this secret forever!" He says- almost yelling- being really energetic- like always. Indo tilts his head, probably thinking, then he nods. He himself must be especially curious what all this is about, especially since has taking interest in the unidentified man. Now both look at me. I mean, of course I want to know what they're hiding, yet at the same time my own moral code wants to respect their privacy.
"They surely have a valid reason to hide it... Do you really think it's a good idea?" I ask skeptically.
"Duh, they live under your roof after all. Come on! Please!" Malay tries to convince me, even making puppy eyes. I sigh and look away, yet on that I give up, exhaling annoyed.
"Fine- but we aren't forcing anyone to give us any answer, ok? They'll just might close up again and then we get Nothing out of this. So, no irrational action." I clarify and both nod.