18| Watching

Indonesia's POV

I was upstairs with friends when the music had stopped, and when I wanted to check on things going on downstairs, I witnessed what happened as I made my way half way down the stairs. My 'Mate' hit none other than Canada multiple times in the face and, and in between his eyes were GLOWING! AND THEN HE HIT HER! If I'm honest it looked really awesome, and I don't feel bad for her at all.
'We do not.'
Yet, I thought he was a simple and sweet guy who barely flings out or actively hurt someone for little reasons. On the other side though, I do refuse to believe that things are as they seem. The woman patting his shoulder, comforting him some claps, soon turns around again, facing the wide mass of countries. Canada is complaining, his words lazy and barely put apart. I bite the inside of my cheek, not surprised that he is drunk. And he must be really out of it, usually Nada is one of the most relaxed people I know! And looking at the woman in question, oh my, she's mad again! Rightfully so, I guess. I don't like it as well that that someone may have threatened a friend... especially him! There are steps behind me, and very soon I notice my two best friends standing with me on the stairs. I switch a look with Malay and Phil. I've seen her annoyed, and I do not need to see her when she is fully aggravated. I advert my eyes for a moment, embarrassed at the 'fight' we both had some time ago. Quite embarrassing.
'Indeed.'
"Hm. I don't hear you quite as often anymore."
'Well, you aren't as much of a dick anymore.'

"Oh." I shake my head to regain focus, watching the drama downstairs unfold. The human puts their feet apart to stand stronger and more menacingly in frot of Nada, who is sort of kneeing on the ground. Ukraine is with him, tending to the drunks' injuries. She then dramatically closes her eyes and sighs loudly, getting everyone's attention again.
"Canada, that was your name, right?"
"So what?"
"For the love of God, shut up! We both know it's your fault this happened!" she hisses slowly and loudly, making sure everyone could hear her, staring at the North American country. At this point I didn't know if I should be more surprised, shocked or relieved. Nada's eyes widen. Ironic.
"Wha-" he begins, but is cut off by her.
"You were the one harassing HIM, and now you are blaming him for self-defense!" she says, pronouncing 'him', 'blaming' and 'self-defense' extra loudly.
"But you need to admit that your 'friend' carried it too far- he didn't have to punch him THIS much!" Ukraine suddenly argues back, her voice softer than the others. A grave mistake, and I do not share her opinion at all! The opposing woman looks at her for a moment, compensating with herself, continuing to glare at Ukraine and then smiling blankly, almost seeming sad. And creepy- The creepiness remains a big factor.

"I don't really understand how he doesn't deserve it."
"He's clearly not in the right mind!"
"It's still his responsibility to not get to this state."
"Still! He overdid it!" Ukraine keeps defending her friend. Murmur gets loud beneath the bystanders, but we three on the stairs stay quiet, only throwing glares at each other. Everything that needs to be said is said that way. The human continues.
"Perhaps it seems like it in your eyes, yet I still do not agree. There is another given factor as well that lead to this outcome." her glare turns an ice-cold temperature once more and her head turns to the cloaked person, patiently sitting on the floor, head down.
"So? Let's hear it." United Kingdom asks calmly, sitting incredibly professional in an armchair.
Huh? Since when is he here? How? Why is this old man even here? Who let him in? Isn't he too old for a party like that?
"Well." another dramatic pause I feel my heart drop and the tension rising in the room. She seems to enjoy the attention she is receiving and she IS making things overly dramatic, perhaps this is even entertaining to her, but 'WELL'?'
"'WELL,' WHAT?"
'SHE NEEDS TO STOP PAUSING LIKE THIS!'
"JUST TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM I WON'T JUDGE."
me and my mind yell at her and I firmly grab onto the railing, digging my fingers into the wood, hot and sweaty.
"He does have severe anxiety and perhaps another undiagnosed mental disorder, which causes him to lose it sometimes, when pushed around like this." she openly mocks the entire situation, seemingly not taking any of us serious.
"I mean, no one would like to be pushed around, right? You would have punched too, right? Or would you have let yourself used like a doll?!- "
"Stop!" Ukraine calls out. My 'Mate's friend chuckles drily.
"Weak. I don't have any further business with either of you." she scoffs and shakes her head.
"Turn the music on again! This situation is over, go back to partying or whatever!" she waves her arm around, grabs my man and leaves the room, mumbling in a foreign language. I bet it's curses. She always does that. The rest of the countries remain unsure, awkward even, but despite the weird atmosphere, soon the music is back on again and most people go back to partying. Calmer than before, but still like a normal party. Ukraine helps Canada into bathroom. I hope he is alright, but I never thought he'd do something like that. I look over to the room that my 'Mate' and the woman left into. Poor him. As soon we get out of here, I will cheer him up! I slightly smile at the thought of it. Wait- no. This isn't the right moment to smile... I guess.