Chapter 12__Manipulating

Kulsum's POV-

What in the actual FUDGE just happened. She insulted me, rubbing it off on my face and walked off as if she's the Queen of England.

I was left stunned and I couldn't process. I cannot believe this just happened!
I was too numb to even react.

I was in my zone when Aslihan entered the kitchen.
Her smile faded into a concerned expression when she saw me.

"Kulsum.....what happened? How did the glass break? Are you okay?" She asked concerningly as she helped me pick up the broken pieces of glass scattering around the floor.

"Yeah, yeah I'm completely fine....Esra dropped this by accident." I gulped as my gaze was stuck to the pieces.

"Are you sure?" Her eyebrows frowned.
"Yeah, definitely!" I forced a smile.
I can't let anyone know this. She'll only think I'm just overreacting or dramatic.
As people always think of me!

I marched to the launch room brushing everything off.
Besides I don't care if Abdul Razzaq likes me or not. What do I care?
Right?

.

.

.

Aslihan and I were in the launch sunked into the couch, laughing and chatting when I heard the sound of heels clicking on the floor.

Esra entered the room with that stupid smug on her face.
"Selam ladies. Can I join you?" She smiled sweetly.
But I could sense the evil behind that pancake face.

I glared at her. "Of course why not." I tried to sound as nice as possible.
She took a seat right in front of me.
"By the way, the food was amazing Kulsum, you're a great chef." She smiled widely.

"Glad you liked it but I didn't cook it, the chef did." I gulped.
"Oh is that so? I thought Abdul Razzaq loves the women who cooks. Too sad you can't, but you know I make such delicious meals." She bragged.

Ugh what a deceitful woman. She's so annoying.
"Well it's not like Kulsum doesn't know how to cook. Nobody in our house cooks because we have chef for that and besides Kulsum makes such amazing foods." Aslihan glared at her as Esra's eyes widened.

I love this girl. Nobody ever stood up for me nor spoke on my behalf.
She's literally like a sister I never had.

"Oh of course, by the way I'm getting late. See you tomorrow." She smiled awkwardly as she got up and left.

"She's such a manipulative woman. Kulsum tell me the truth. What did she said to you in the kitchen?" Aslinan spoke firmly.

I hesitated. "She said that...I wear such boring long dresses and hedious hijab and no men will ever look at me let alone Abdul Razzaq." I sighed.

Aslihan stared at me dumbfounded. She blinked her eyes as her expressions intensified.
"She said that? How dare she? Let me give her a piece of mind." She furiously got up from the couch but I held her back.

I can't let anyone cause a scene and ruin relations because of me.
"It's okay Aslihan I appreciate it but please let it go." I requested.

"I swear I'll kill her next time. But what did you replied?" She asked as she raised her eyebrows.
"Nothing....it was all too sudden I didn't had time to react." I gulped.

"Ugh just ignore her. She's just a nasty liar. You look beautiful. Your dresses are so pretty and your hijab enhance your beauty. Don't let her get to you." She comforted me as she hugged me.

It doesn't really bothers me anymore that people stare at me as if I'm an alien when I wear hijab.

It's not a problem here in Turkey, but in London, people just can't stop giving me smugs.