Chapter 13__Another Side

Kulsum's POV-

I was in my room reading Haunting Adeline on my bed peacefully.

I wanted to shrug off all the thoughts and insecurities about myself.
And the best way to escape reality is to read.

I was reading a very intense smut which I shouldn't, but sometimes I can't help myself.

I was smiling and blushing like crazy when suddenly the door flew opened and I got startled so bad I threw the book away.

And there entered Abdul Razzaq and the book landed beside his feet.
Oh no!

Why does everyone disturb me when I'm reading something intense?!

He picked up the book, stared at the cover and I gulped.
His lips curled into smirk as he looked up at me.

"Relax, I would throw away this too if I were you. Can't risk getting caught reading smuts right?" He said sarcastically.

I was so taken aback. Shit! Now he knows I read dark romance and smuts.
Oh Allah please save me, I swear I'll burn the dark romance books.

"Well- I- I read rarely, I don't like it I was just checking how bad it is!" I said hesitantly as cold sweat ran down my spine.

He moved towards me closing the distance between us.
He leaned in closer to my face and I could feel my heart in my throat.

My cheeks instantly heated, he smelled like heaven.
He then whispered in my ears.

"Uhuh, it is very bad. Especially the gun scene."
My heart raced faster. I was on that scene! Ohnononono.

He pulled away as he still had that stupid smirk on his face.
"Tsk tsk tsk...I did not expected you to be like this, I thought you're an innocent girl who only reads and recites Quran." He said sarcastically as he grinned.

"First of all....I do recite Quran, daily! And second, I only read for fun okay! It doesn't matter okay and- wait a minute.....how do you know this book contains smuts?" I narrowed my eyebrows.

It suddenly hit me! Nobody can tell it's a dark romance smut book just from the cover.
And he even knows about the gun scene.

Suddenly his face dropped and his eyes widened.
He gulped and looked away.

"I just know." He clenched his jaw.
"Oh no mister, you actually read the book! No way! You definitely read the book!" I exclaimed.

He looked kinda pissed as he folded his arms and I grinned.
"Oooh looks like Mr. Innocent is not as innocent as he looks huh!" I said sarcastically.

"Okay you got me. Happy?" He said bluntly.
"Oh no no no. I thought you're an innocent man who only reads and recites Quran." I said sarcastically as I faced him while he kept looking away.

This was actually surprising. I never thought Abdul Razzaq....the richest man in Turkey,  the cold, ruthless idiot reads fiction and that too dark romance!

"Yes I've read Haunting Adeline even the second book. Happy?" He finally looked at me.

"Hmm then why were you mocking me about it huh?" I folded my arms.
His eyes darkened as he leaned in closer.

"Maybe because I didn't expected this from you. You're too innocent to read that." He breathed.

"Oh yeah, and I think you're too serious to read that!" I gazed at his lips.
Look away Kulsum.
LOOK AWAY!

"Oh yeah, and why is that?" He smirked slightly.
"Oh I don't know....you don't seem very much of romance type." The words just blurted out of my mouth.