Chapter 21__Exposed

Kulsum's POV-

After that soul wrecking interactions with Abdul Razzaq, I'm avoiding him from the past 2 hours.

I know I'm not supposed to avoid him as it's delaying the plan, but now that I even spare a glimpse at him my heart jumps in my throat.

My knees starts getting wobbly and the goosebumps erupt in my entire body.

I know it's just an act, but this sudden proximity is too much.....for my heart.

I was in the kitchen washing dishes peacefully, thinking about how much longer do we have to continue this act as it's a danger to my heart.

Suddenly I felt muscular arms around my waist from behind and a soft gasp slipped from my lips.

I didn't need to turn around to see who it was as I'm familiar with his embrace.

He dipped his chin on my shoulder as his breaths tickled my skin.

My stomach churned with butterflies as my heart beat became rapid.

"There you are.....have you been avoiding me melekim?" His voice deepened as it sounded husky.

"N-no....I-I was just-" The words struggled in my mouth as I became mute.
"Shhh....." He cut me off.

He freed his one hand from my waist as it traveled gently through my shoulder to my arms.

The way his fingers moves and carsasses me is so electrifying and magical.

I don't know how does he manages to make me feel like this.

My eyes drifted to the kitchen window as I caught Esra darting us with fire in her eyes.

"Razzaq.....Esra's watching." I whispered nervously.
"I'm aware.....isn't that the whole reason why we're doing this?" He breathed in my neck.

My heart sank. How could I be so stupid and careless. Of course it's just an act.

How could I let myself go like this. How could I forget that he and I are  temporary......only for 7 months.

My bubble of thoughts bursted as his phone rang.
He quickly let go of me and pulled away.

He gently pecked my shoulders before leaving.
And I was a mess. A mess of emotions, feelings, everything.

My chest tightened as I continued washing the dishes.
I felt someone's presence slowly crepting from behind.

That isn't Abdul Razzaq or anyone else, I gradually turned around and the blood drained from my eyes.

Esra was just an inch away from me with a big dagger in her hand, her eyes blood shot, her hairs were a complete mess as her lipstick was smudged.

Without any warning, she lunged at me with the dagger aiming for my chest but I held her wrist firmly.

"Esra what the hell are you doing?!" I said feeling horrified.
She's definitely crazy, no she's a complete lunatic.

"I've been watching you....how dare you get close to him! I'll kill you. He's mine, do you understand, he's only mine!" She gritted her teeths.

I barely managed to defend myself as I somehow pushed her away from me.

"You're insane, how could you stoop this low? Do you think after killing me he's happily going to marry you? Aren't you afraid of the consequences?" I started panting.

"I don't care, I'll just erode your existence if it means he'll only become mine and mine alone." She said furiously.

"I don't get it, I tried everything, I attacked myself that day to make him hate you and leave you,I manipulated him so hard against you but he won't budge! That's it, the only way to get rid of you is for you to die!"