Chapter 22__Finding peace

Kulsum's POV-

I was in my office dealing with some paperwork and emails when Emir walked in with a newspaper and a wide smile on his face.

"What is this I hear about? Esra got caught?" He pulled up a chair opposite of me.
"Yes, finally you have no idea what happened!" I lit up.

I then told him everything that had happened, our plan, her attack, confession and everything.

He looked at me with his jaw dropped as if he'd seen a ghost.
"Wow........that was insane!" His eyebrows furrowed.

"I know right, but I'm glad everything is over now." I smiled.

I took out a check from my pocket as I handed it over to him as he looked at me confusingly.

"What's this?" He narrowed his eyebrows. "Gratitude and payback." I smiled.

I wrote a check to the amount he had paid anonymously for my clinic. I saved up enough to pay him back.

"Emir, you didn't had to do it, I could have sorted something out, but I'm immensely grateful to you, here's the amount you paid for the clinic." I said sincerely.

"Kulsum, I don't know what you're talking about." He looked at me confusingly.
"It's okay, really please take it." I insisted.

"I think there had been some misunderstanding, I didn't paid for it! I didn't even knew it was due, that day I just came around and I found out that it was in your name, so I thought you sealed the deal online." He explained.

I don't understand, how is this possible. I don't know what or whom to believe.

"But if you didn't, then who did?" I frowned.

Abdul Razzaq's POV-

I went straight up to my grandmother's room after a long day at work.
It has been a while since I last paid a visit to her.

I found her in her bed smiling at me weakly as she gestured me to come closer.

I sat on the edge of the bed as I kissed her hand.
"How are you grandma, I'm sorry I haven't been around much." I caressed the back of her palm.

"Oh dear, I'm fine.....no need to apologise, I know you had been dealing with your own problems. Aslihan and Zakariya told me everything. Are you okay my dear?" She said as her voice trembled.

"I'm fine, I'm just very confused." I sighed.
"What's the matter?" She frowned.

"You know I never wanted to marry anyone because of women like Esra. But with Kulsum it just feels different. I know she's not like those women but somehow I'm still having doubts. She makes me go crazy for her but I'm afraid to form any attachments with her, but she's my wife as well so it's against her rights." I just ranted everything to her.

"Look my lad, Allah SWT says in the Qur'an that he made you into spouses for the purpose of finding peace and tranquility in each other.

It's not your concern to love her. All you have to do is to let yourself go and find peace in her.

Because if you look for love, you'll never find peace, you can love someone still cannot find peace in them, you can love someone still hate their attitude.

So just find peace in her, give her a chance, don't be so hard on her. Because our Prophet (pbuh) said that women are made from men's ribs, so if you try to straighten it, it'll break. But if you handle it with care, she'll sustain.

All you have to do is fulfill your rights for each other as a husband and wives and find peace in each other and In shaa Allah, Allah will fill your hearts with unconditional love, and that love comes from Allah which is not fragile."