Chapter 18__Bitter proposal

Kulsum's POV-

It has been a week since everything and we've just stayed out of each other's affairs.

From the past several days, he's giving me cold shoulder and silent treatment.
He used to greet me with Selam and atleast talked to me.

But now, he's treating me as if I'm invisible. No greetings, no talks......nothing.
Fine if he doesn't care....why should I?

A few days ago, Esra's father flew to Istanbul and he's been all over Abdul Razzaq.

All of us were seated on the dining table as it was time for breakfast.

Esra's father, Abdul Razzaq's father and him were chatting about some business deal while the rest of us silently ate our food.

"Razzaq son, it's been a pleasure doing business with you, as always." Esra's father Mr. Baris Ozchivit raised his glass.

"Likewise, Mr. Baris." Abdul Razzaq said as he slightly smiled.
"Oh please, no need to be so formal, we've been associated with each other since you were born. In fact I think we should officially become family to strengthen our bond." He smiled.

"Affedarsiniz (I'm sorry) I don't follow." Abdul Razzaq forrwed his eyebrows.

"I think it's beneficial for everyone. This way you'll have us as your permanent stock holders and my daughter will remain happy till eternity." He cleared his throat.

"Okay, so what do you propose?" He straightened up.

"I want you to marry my daughter Esra and you'll not only sign us as your permanent stock holders but you'll also own 30% of my property." He folded his arms.

The words were barely audible to me. It's like someone has slapped me hard across the face.

I snapped my head at him in utter disbelief as I witnessed everyone did the same.

How can someone be this evil and shameless.
He did not even paid heed that he already has a wife.

And yet he decided to talk about it right in front of me!

Those words are like poison to my heart making it ache and break every passing second.

I glanced at Abdul Razzaq, who was trying to remain calm and subtle.

"What are you saying Mr. Baris, he already has a wife!" My father-in-law said as his eyes widened.

"There now Mr. Alparslan, of course we're allowed to have a second wife." He chuckled.

That word....second wife. It's the most despising word for every woman.
I wished that ground would open up and swallow me.

I glanced at Esra who was grinning and gave me an evil smug smile.
This woman has literally no shame at all!

She crossed each and every limits of being evil.

"Ain't that right son? What do you say? Trust me, we'll be set for generations." He shifted his gaze to Abdul Razzaq who was stern as a log.

I hesitantly glanced at Abdul Razzaq, I don't know why.
My heart was screaming for him to just deny.

"I'll think about it." He said in his usual cold expression.
That's it....

It's over. My world came crashing down. I felt my nerves getting shot.

"Great, I'll be expecting to hear from you soon." He smiled and left.

Esra gave me an evil smirk before leaving but I was too numb to care.

I refused to believe that it was real. I was somehow hoping that this is just a nasty nightmare and I'll wake up soon.