⋆ ★poa ⟿ you blew her up?!★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Y/N's P.O.V.

Ever since Hermione told Y/N she'd be staying at the Leaky Cauldron for a couple days before the start of school, Y/N hadn't gone a day without pestering Remus. 

"C'mon, please?" She questioned for the tenth time that day. So far, the only answer from Remus was an adamant "no." 

She rolled her eyes and continued reading her book, making a mental note to ask again in five minutes. Y/N had already finished all of her summer homework, from potions essays to transfiguration diagrams. It was getting boring, really. The only so called "big" news was that Remus was going to be her Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

Lately, Y/N had taken to calling him "Dad." Sometimes, she didn't even think about how her mother and father were still alive. They were only alive in terms of technicality. They didn't feel, they didn't think. Just a constant state of misery. Calling Remus "Dad" seemed to comfort her somehow. Plus, if anyone deserved the title, he did. He had taken care of her since she was one year old, right after Rudolphus Lestrange and Antonin Dolohov had had tortured her parents to insanity. 

"Insanity..." She thought. Maybe if she annoyed him enough, Remus would have no choice but to get rid of her annoying arse until school started. 

Y/N jumped up from her armchair, rushing to their quaint, but large, kitchen. Just as she was about to grab some pots and pans, she saw a figure in the window. 

Her owl, Bandit, was flying through the evening sky towards the Lupin Cottage, a letter clutched in his talons. Abandoning her endeavors, she met him at the windowsill and took the letter. After receiving a treat, he clicked his beak in appreciation and flew through the house to her room. 

She sat down on the counter to open the letter as Remus walked in. Making himself a cup of coffee, he asked, "who's it from?" 

Y/N shrugged. "Dunno- oh! Its from Hermione." She said, then tore open the envelope and began to read aloud. 

"Dear Y/N, 

You won't believe it! Ron's family just got back from Egypt and they're staying at the Leaky Cauldron too! That is, until school starts."

"Bet you're loving that, Hermione." Y/N thought as she read the letter. 

"I've already finished all my shopping for school! I had some leftover galleons, so my parents told me to buy myself  an early birthday present. You'll meet him when you get here!" 

"Uh...meet the present. Alright."

"Guess who else is staying with us?" 

Y/N groaned and Remus raised a brow. She could just hear Hermione's teasing smirk through the letter. She had been pestering Y/N for months about a tiny crush that Y/N developed on, you guessed it, Harry Potter in their second year. She had gotten over it quickly, though, knowing he was unattainable, being the Boy Who Lived and all.