⋆ ★gof ⟿ the first task★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Y/N's P.O.V. 

Y/N had followed Hermione to the Hospital Wing, where Madam Pomfrey reduced her teeth back to "normal" state. 

The Matron had asked Y/N to say stop when Hermione's teeth were back to their original size, but since Y/N knew that Hermione had always been a little insecure about her teeth, she waited until they were perfect. 

They left the Hospital Wing, and Hermione insisted that they return to Potions. Y/N scoffed at the thought, and dragged her back to Gryffindor tower, telling her about what happened. 

"A dragon ring?" Hermione said curiously as they arrived at their dormitory, skipping dinner. They'd eat the chocolate that Remus had sent a while ago. 

"Mhm," said Y/N, chucking her school bag on the ground near her bed. 

She changed into a comfortable pair of pajamas, red plaid bottoms and a black tank top. Hermione threw on a tank top, though pink, a pair of grey sweatpants. The two girls sat in the middle of Hermione's bed, Y/N gently doing Hermione's hair into two braids, and discussing what had happened, thankful that Lavender and Parvati were at dinner. 

"And I swear, when I was leaving," Y/N began, "I dropped the ring and I saw Malfoy pick it up." 

Hermione was silent for a moment. "You're sure?" 

"No, that's the problem," Y/N sighed. "I just wish dad would letter me back already!" 

"You're so impatient, Trouble," Hermione laughed. "But Malfoy picking it up would make sense, wouldn't it?" she asked. "Draco, derived from the Latin word 'Draconis', meaning, of the dragon. His name translates to dragon."

Y/N finished sectioning Hermione's hair, then answered, "But how would it end up in my hands?" 

"You didn't pick it up at all? Nothing?" Hermione inquired. "And what about Moody's metal hip flask - that turned into a knife, didn't it?" 

"How do you know that...?" Y/N said slowly. "I never told you?" 

Giving a soft chuckle, Hermione said, "I saw it, Trouble. It's a little hard to hide when Moody's flask disappears, is in your hand, and is suddenly a knife." 

Y/N paused her braiding administration. "Do you think anyone else noticed?" 

With a breathy, almost scoff-like laugh, Hermione shook her head, which messed up one section of the braid Y/N was making. Y/N huffed and redid the section. 

"No," said Hermione. "Everyone else was too caught up in recovering from the curse, but you went before me...so..." 

"You're something, Herms," Y/N laughed. "What do you think it means?"