⋆ ★poa ⟿ an almost-snog with death★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Harry's P.O.V. 

Harry was awoken the next morning by Tom, the innkeeper. Downing the cup of tea Tom made, he began trying to convince Hedwig to get into her cage. All his efforts were lost when Ron barged into his room with a bang, starting Hedwig and causing her to flap away to perch on the bedframe. 

"The sooner we get on the train, the better," he said irritably. "At least I won't need to see him at Hogwarts. After last night and his stupid badge, he's accusing me of dripping water on a photo of his girlfriend. 

"I've got something to tell you," Harry said, recounting the events of last night in his head. 

///

After he had hugged Y/N goodnight (and feeling incredibly risky and giddy), he wandered to Ron's room where he and Percy were having a shouting match. Percy accused Ron of stealing his Prefect Badge and Ron just wanted to go downstairs to retrieve Scabbers' rat tonic. Harry had offered to get the tonic while Ron and Percy looked for the badge. His best friend angrily agreed and Harry descended the stairs to the main pub area. 

He was halfway down the hallway to the parlour when he heard two angry voices and stopped in his tracks. Eventually, Harry realized it was Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. He didn't want them to know he heard them arguing, so he kept quiet and began to turn around to head back upstairs. But when he heard his own name, he moved closer to the parlour door. 

Mr. Weasley's voice came first. "...makes no sense not to tell him, he has the right to know, Molly. He is thirteen years old and fully capable-" 

"Arthur! That would terrify him!" Molly replied shrilly. "Do you really want him going to school with that hanging over him? He's happy not knowing, for heaven's sake." 

Arthur retorted, "I don't want to make him miserable, I want him to put his guard up! You know how the four of them are. Always wandering off. Harry and Ron even ended up in the Forbidden Forest once." His voice tightened as he continued.

 Harry's heart was pounding. "Put my guard up about what?" 

"When he ran away from home, he could've been found dead unless the Knight Bus picked him up-" Mr. Weasley said. 

"He's not dead, he's okay, so why does it matter?" Molly demanded.

And Arthur had an answer. "People say Sirius Black's a madman, but he was clever enough to escape from Azkaban- and that's supposed to be impossible. Its been more than a fortnight and nobody has seen a trace of him!-"

"Well, thats comforting," Harry thought. 

"- I dont care what Fudge is feeding to the Daily Prophet. We're no nearer to catching Black than inventing self-spelling wands. The only thing we know for sure is what Black's after-"