⋆ ★poa ⟿ let him die★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Harry's P.O.V. 

It was a muggy sort of day, with the sky overcast and the grass still wet from the previous night's rain. He and Ron headed outside once their free period was over, spotting a crowd near Hagrid's hut. They joined their peers, waiting for Hermione and Y/N. Once they arrived, Harry internally groaned at the sight of Draco Malfoy and his group. 

"Obviously we have class with the Slytherins. I mean, what other houses are there?" Harry muttered to Ron glumly, but sarcastically. 

Ron looked over and groaned, "'s already bad enough Hermione isn't talking to me," he said sadly. 

Suddenly, Harry's vision went black - something was covering his eyes. A little, "guess who?" was said into his ear. 

"Hmm..." he said in mock-thought. "Snape?" Harry guessed jokingly. 

"Harry!" Came Y/N's offended voice. 

She removed her hands from his eyes and stood in front of him, hands on her hips. "Why would you even say that?" Y/N asked playfully, putting on a disgusted face. 

"C'mon now, get a move on!" Hagrid called to the class. "Got a real treat fo' yeh today, great lesson comin' up! Righ' now, follow me," said, leading them around the edge of the Forbidden Forest to a large paddock. 

"Ev'ey one, gather 'round here, now. Open yer books-" 

"How?" came the bored drawl of Draco Malfoy. 

Hagrid paused, "Eh?" 

"How do we open our books?" Draco asked coldly, taking out his book. 

Everyone took their books from their bags. Looking around, Harry saw that they had all been bound closed. Some students used duct tape, belts and even clamps to keep the book from opening. Hermione's was closed by Spellotape, Ron's by a belt. 

Harry looked to Y/N, who's book was bound by...a rope of socks...? 

Hagrid looked crestfallen, "Hasn'- hasn' anyone been able ter open their books?" The class shook their heads. 

"Yeh've got to stroke them," he said, as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Look," he said, grabbing Hermione's book. He ripped off the Spellotape that bound it.