⋆ ★gof ⟿ dresses and the lead to disaster★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Y/N's P.O.V. 

Deciding that she and Hermione couldn't spend all day sulking in their dorm, and that they had to go back downstairs to Harry and Ron, Y/N got up from her bed and most of wiped her tears away. 

Her wrist felt heavy, she didn't know why. It felt as though it were being weighed down by bricks.

It was a little odd, knowing Y/N wouldn't go sit beside Harry, cuddle into his side and play with his hair. How could she do that after he said he wanted to ask Cho? That's not fair to Y/N's feelings, to Harry, and especially not to Cho.

It was a little bit more than odd, knowing that Cho would soon take Y/N's place, and that she would share affection with Harry in the same way Y/N did.

Because Y/N only chose Elijah because Harry chose Cho first. Harry said Cho's name. Harry voiced to Y/N that he liked another girl.

"We don't have to go down until you're ready, Trouble," Hermione said quietly, looking at Y/N with soft eyes. 

"No," Y/N said stubbornly, finding a spot on the floor to stare at intensely. "No, it's fine. Gotta go back down eventually, right?" 

"I could tell them that you got tired...or caught up in homework?" Hermione suggested in a small voice. 

Y/N gave her best friend a smile - how could one become more considerate than Hermione Granger. Still, "No, Herms. It's okay, really. Now I can stop saying no to everyone else." 

Frowning slightly, Hermione quickly turned it into a sly smirk. "Elijah?" she cooed, but her eyes were still sad, and Y/N knew that the girl was just trying to distract her from Harry. 

The slightest blush crept up her neck. "Probably...unless he doesn't ask me, and nobody asks me, so I go alone-" 

Hermione scoffed. "If that happened, I'd politely tell Viktor that something came up, and you and I would go ask friends." 

Y/N grinned, but it was watery, due to her...state. "First, he's Viktor already? Like, damn, I know he asked you out...but anyway....Secondly, you'd ditch him?" 

"It's not ditching," Hermione defended. "Viktor would understand." 

Y/N chuckled weakly again, picking up the handmirror on her bedside table to see if any more glowing tears were left on her face. There were the subtle silvery traces down her cheeks, but if you didn't look too closely, you wouldn't see them. 

Y/N tried putting the mirror down, then found that she quite literally could not let it go. Brows furrowing, she shook her hand, but it still didn't come off. Shaking her hand more aggressively, she muttered, "Herms..."