⋆ ★poa ⟿ tea leaves and true love★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Harry's P.O.V. 

The first thing the quartet saw when they walked into the Great Hall that morning was Draco Malfoy, who seemed to be entertaining a group of Slytherins. As they passed him, Malfoy did an over-the-top impression of a swooning fit, causing rounds of laughter. 

"Ignore it," Y/N murmured in his ear.  

Hermione nodded in agreement. "She's right, they're not worth it."

Just then, Pansy Parkinson, a girl with a pug-like face, shouted "Hey, Potter!" When he turned, she continued. "The Dementors are coming, Potter! Wooooo!" 

"At least someone is coming for him. Can't say the same for you, Panty Liner!" Y/N called. 

Harry didn't know how someone could create such a inappropriate insult, but it was effective nonetheless. He just looked her in awe, then realized he was staring and sat down next to George. 

"New third-year timetables," George told them, passing the timetables over, giving one to Y/N first. "What's up with you, Harry?" 

"Malfoy," Ron said plainly. 

Y/N shot a nasty glare at the Slytherin table. "And that pug-faced Parkinson," she added angrily. 

George looked up to see Malfoy pretending to faint with terror once more. "That little git," he said. "Wasn't so cocky when he came to our compartment last night, was he, Fred, Y/N?" 

Fred nodded, "nearly wet himself," he said with a contemptuous glance at Malfoy. "Anyway, we'll see how Malfoy looks after the first game of the season." 

Y/N piped in, "Yeah. Gryffindor versus Slytherin, you'll beat him, Harry. There was never any competition, really."

He smiled to himself. Y/N's confidence in him really meant the world. During the talk of quidditch, Hermione lost interest and began to examine her timetable. 

Y/N peaked over her shoulder, then looked at Hermione. They seemed to communicate through their eyes, then, finally, Y/N looked at Hermione's neck. All Harry could see was the hint of a glinting gold chain disappearing under the collar of Hermione's shirt. 

It seemed as though for Y/N and Hermione, all they needed were some glances and eyebrow raises to communicate a point.

"Ooh, good, we're starting new subjects today!" Hermione exclaimed happily.