⋆ ★gof ⟿ ottery st. catchpole★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Y/N's P.O.V. 

Lupin Cottage, situated on a beautiful, grassy meadow, near the muggle village of Ottery St. Catchpole, was a quiet residence. Most people wouldn't expect Remus Lupin to own such property, but he had inherited half of Y/N's (extremely rich) parents' fortune. Well, that's because his sister was her mom. 

The sun shone down on the valley, basking everything in a warm summers glow. The cottage wasn't large, per se, but comfortable. Every aspect of it was the picture of peace and tranquility... 

BANG!  came a loud, concerning noise from Y/N Sterling's room.

"OW! Y/N yelled, letting a swear slip afterward. 

Her whole bookcase had just come tumbling down, parchment, books and possessions flying everywhere. She tried to catch as much as she could, which ended up being one book, while everything else fell on the ground and on Y/N. 

Bandit, her owl, was startled out of his wits and flew into the window. 

"BANDIT?!" 

"Y/N!?" Remus exclaimed, barging into her room, wand at the ready.

"I'm okay," Y/N called from the far corner of her room, having dodged the rest of the falling objects. "I could use a little help, though," she added sheepishly.

Remus rolled his eyes and swished his wand - everything floated back into place, orderly and neatly. Just how Y/N liked it, her books were set. Just how Y/N liked it, her trinkets were strewn about.

"What were you even doing?" Remus asked bemusedly. 

Y/N hesitated for a moment, "I was...er...I was looking for something," she said. 

Well, she was looking for her Transfiguration homework, which she should've finished already...And her History of Magic Homework...

"Okay..." Remus said slowly. "Well, I'll leave you to...whatever you're doing." He checked his watch. "Remember, we're heading to the Diggory's at five - two hours - alright?" 

"Yeah, alright, dad," Y/N said, hopping onto her bed and prying open a book. She'd do her homework later. 

"Do your homework," he said sternly. "You won't have time after!"

Y/N nodded absently. She'd rather do her homework at the Weasley's because, well, Hermione was there. Though Y/N was doing very well, she liked it when Hermione looked over her work and vice versa. 

"And then after that, you're off to the Weasley's for the Quidditch World Cup," Remus continued with a sigh, tidying up her desk a little bit. 

Y/N nodded and Remus left, probably going to send a letter to Sirius Black.