⋆ ★poa ⟿ it's not worth it!★⋆

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Harry's P.O.V. 

Harry and Ron's last exam was Divination. They parted ways with Hermione and Y/N on the second floor so the girls could go to their Arithmancy exam. 

"Noooo," Harry whined, gripping Y/N's hand tighter. "Just come with me, please? What if Trelawney finally makes all her visions come true and kills me herself?" 

"You can handle it," Y/N told him. "You've faced the Dark Lord - old bug eyes can't be much worse." 

"Yeah," Ron said, nudging Harry. "You can let go of Y/N's hand, now." 

With an eyeroll at Ron's protectiveness, Harry released Y/N's hand and said, "Fine. Bye, Y/N, bye Hermione - see you." 

"Bye!" Hermione and Y/N said. Ron gave a satisfied grin at the fact that Y/N and Harry were far apart now. 

Y/N chuckled and went up to Ron, ruffling his hair. "Bye, Ronniekins," she teased. 

"Only mum's allowed to call me that!" 

"Whoops!" 

They waved the boys goodbye and left for their exam. Ron and Harry stared at each other for a moment, then began the tedious journey to Professor Trelawney's classroom.

Ron kept checking his watch and Harry knew he was counting the minutes until Buckbeak's appeal.

When they arrived, the whole class was sitting on the landing, just like the first day of school. "She's seeing us one by one," Neville said. "Have either of you ever seen anything in a Crystal Ball?" he asked nervously. 

"Nope," Ron said. "Even if Harry did, it would just be an image of my sister," he added bitterly. 

"Why would I see Ginny in a Crystal Ball?" Harry questioned, thoroughly confused. 

Ron facepalmed, "You tosspot, I'm talking about Y/N! You two have been all over each other recently - don't think Hermione and I don't notice." 

Harry could feel the heat rush to his face, but he played it off. "We're friends," he said firmly. 

Friends, nothing more, though Harry desperately wished they were. 

Professor Trelawney called the first student. Slowly but surely, the line in front of the silver ladder thinned. Each time a student emerged, the rest of the class bombarded them with questions of, "How did it go?" and "Was it okay? What did she ask?"