Evangeline :

I now start to wonder to myself. "What did I forget to do today?" Apparently I haven't bought groceries yet. So, of course. I headed outside of my house. It was very cold in the middle of January.

I found myself shivering aggressively, then crossed my arms and rubbed the side of them with my hands.

I have recently discovered a way to quickly go around the neighborhood. An alleyway near the park.

I headed to the passageway that was a shortcut to the nearest supermarket. It was my first time, so I was cautious.

So far, I haven't had a single complaint going through this alley. Until I happened to meet this guy...

I was jumped by his presence. Until I turned around to look who it was.

"Hey, pretty lady." He smirked at me. He was wearing a black hoodie and capwhat a cliché. Who the fuck is he to call me a 'pretty lady' in a place like this? I should just move on.

I continued walking, then suddenly he grabbed the bottom of my sleeve. "Why must you leave? Please stay." He begged. I don't want to deal with him. I shoved his arm away from mine.

"I like you so much! Where are you going?" He shouted at me from afar. I wanted to run. He stood up and I walked even quicker. "Please stop asking me questions." I said out loud before I exited.

I turned back to see if he was still staring. He was gone. I minded my own business and went to buy my groceries.

I hope I don't see that guy again. Might as well take the long way home.

I thought I saw him again. It was just another guy. Either way I wouldn't know since I never saw his face.

Evangeline arrived back home. She was going on about her normal routine. Preparing tea and reading her favorite book. Her mom should be visiting today, so she waited.

She likes staying home alone, but there was always that missing piece that made her uncomfortable being alone...

I should go to sleep now. I have a big day ahead of me.

Evangeline walked down the hall that lead to her bedroom.

Knock knock, the door made a noise. "Mom? Is that you?"

Knock knock. "That's weird; mom should open the door. She has the house keys." She thought to herself.

Knock knock. Maybe it wasn't her mother. Evangeline went to check the window. She screamed and fell on her back, making it knock her head on the floor. What appeared was the black hoodie man.

Evangeline passed out. She was lying comfortably on her bed.

She opened her eyes and quickly sat up. "What the..." Her head still hurts from falling, and she puts her hand on the bruised area. "Shit... What happened?..."

"Good afternoon!" The man said.

"What the fuck?!" Her eyes widened. She took her blanket and covered herself up. "How the fuck did you get inside?!"

"Your back door was unlocked. And... I did find you passed out; I was worried." He responded.

She now took note in her mind to lock the back door next time. "Get... out. Get the fuck out."

"But... I made you food! I didn't use much of your ingredients, don't worry. It's just chicken broth and eggs." He chuckled and stared into her beautiful eyes.

She felt somehow nice. The act of cooking food for her, especially when injured, was... cute? She tried to hold back from smiling. "Just... Please get out of my house."

"Okay. Take care of yourself." He went out of her bedroom and walked down the hall.

It was quick. But he listened. The man actually went out of the house. I should really get some high-tech security installed in my house. That shit is creepy.

She was staring at the chicken and egg soup that he made...

I wondered if it was even edible. What if he planned to drug me? So I decided to just keep it in the fridge.

I went downstairs. Locked the back door and the front door. At some point, I'm going to lock every door that can be opened from outside. If bad things happen... I'm living in my basement, for all I know.

At the end of the day, I just went to bed.

-January