Apology :

After talking to Judson at Warm Cuppa, I figured that he would know how to cheer up Evangeline. Our first date was full of food other than getting to know each other. Speaking of food... Maybe that's it! Food!

The problem is that Evangeline might not want me in the house tonight. Although I need the kitchen to make food, Judson could help, could he?

Before my shift started, he gave me his phone number. It's weird enough to know that he trusts me. I can call him right now.

I made a phone call. The phone rang for a few seconds until he picked it up. I feel nervous.

"Hello? Who is this?"
"It's me, Drac."

"Oh, hey!" he giggled. "Do you need anything? What's up?"

It's great knowing he's willing to help me out. "Given that it's still early before dark, would it be okay that I go inside your place to use the kitchen?"

I heard a scoff from the other side of my cellphone. "What for? Is this about Evangeline? If it is, you might want to treat me to an iced coffee."

Maybe having a job in a cafe is a disadvantage when you have friends. "Uh... yeah, it is about her. We got into an argument yesterday, and I don't think I'm safe to enter the house yet."

"Drac, trust me. She'll want you back in the house again. Besides, just because you got into a fight doesn't mean she's kicking you out. She probably feels devastated that you're not home yet!" He went quiet for a bit. "Why do you need the kitchen for Evangeline?"

"To make her food," I answered. Evangeline has a passion for eating. What makes me concerned is how she doesn't have any medical conditions from doing so, and barely gains weight. I had to strictly eat meals on time and wouldn't be able to eat snacks whenever I wanted to.

"You're too good for her, man. Food? If I were a girl, I'd fall in love with you," Judson exclaimed. That's funny regarding how he would fall in love with me for my actions and not my appearance.

"Anyway, sure! You can use my kitchen. Please be aware that I'm living with my grandma. She'll be super annoying. I live right across from 7-Eleven, the one with the white gate."

I hope "annoying" means the good kind. "Thanks a lot. I'll just buy some ingredients from the store and I'll be on my way. Again, thank you."

"It's no problem. Gotta go. I need to clean up before you come. See you."

The call ended; I needed to buy stuff fast. Considering how Evangeline has such a big stomach, she needs food after 1 hour, and if she's lucky, 30 minutes.

"Hey! That was pretty fast!" Judson chuckled.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Fast? It was only half an hour." Judson is probably just crazy and got distracted from doing something else.

He stopped. "Oh." He coughed and continued, "Follow me to the kitchen."

Normally, I don't often visit other people's houses, excluding Evangeline. Judson trusting me that quickly must be something.

Judson led me to his kitchen. He crossed his arms and leaned on the wall. "I expect that you know how to work a kitchen. Keep the area clean after you're done," he requested. "Go on, I'll just watch some TV."