Melanophobia :

Is it strange that I dreamt of him? The guy from the alley. I dont usually dream of that kind of shit. Which was pretty weird because it felt super real.

I was in my kitchen, making a midnight snack. Looking out my window. There, I saw the exact guy. The man wearing a black hoodie was tall and mysterious. I find myself kind of... scared. I'm not always scared. This time, it felt even weirder.

Anyway, back to reality...

Knock, knock. Shit... Now I'm afraid to look and check where that knock came from.

"Evangeline, darling?" A woman called from outside. It was my mother.

"Oh, thank God." Evangeline ran to the front door, unlocking and opening it.

Her mother jumped in to cuddle her. "I missed you so much, my sweet baby!" She took off her coat and hung it on the rack. "How are you? How's your life? Oh! How's work, especially?"

"Calm down, mom. I'm doing fine, and yeah, pay is pretty good. I can pay rent on time." She looked down with despair.

"Why do you look so upset?" Her mother grabbed her cheek. Rubbing her thumb gently. "Is everything okay?" She also sat down.

Evangeline felt like her world had gone upside down. Ever since Ethan left, she was always alone. It was never on purpose. She just couldn't have the time to be social. Even her friend is abroad, meaning that she wasn't able to contact her.

"I feel fine; it's no worry." Her tone sounded very depressing. It's not every day you can hear it from her.

"How about you go and buy me some cookies?" The truth was that Evangeline used to like eating cookies when she was a little kid. But her mother asking her to buy some was to make her feel a bit more joyful.

Evangeline nodded. She went outside of her house, and this time she walked in another direction. The long way there. In other words, the sidewalk.

While she walked down the streets, she watched ducks crossing the road. Children are happily playing in the park. Mothers' are taking care of their babies. As for Evangeline, she is just walking.

And yet again, there goes the sight of the man wearing a black hoodie. Or is it the same man? His face was revealed this time. The hoodie was down. Maybe it's not actually him, and I should just move forward.

I proceeded to walk, and then I heard someone. "Hey! It's you again!" The man shouted.

Maybe he's saying that to someone else; I need to hurry. "You! The one with the blue highlights!"

Damn it. That was me. I had black hair with blue highlights. I turned around to look at him. The first time I ever saw his face. Platinum blond hair, a smug smile, and blue eyes. Oh fuck, why am I even describing him in detail?

Was that actually him? I can't believe it.

"How's your head? Is it okay?" He smiled at her.

I forgot I hit my head two days ago. "It's okay. There's nothing wrong with it."

"Where are you headed?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm going to the supermarket," she said calmly.

"Mind if I come with? I'm bored." He played with his hands. "Sorry, you don't know me; I forgot. I'll just be there; I won't talk, I promise."

Evangeline looked at him and raised an eyebrow. She continued walking.

"Right! I haven't told you my name. My name is Drac; what about yours?"

Well. I know his name now.

Evangeline sighed. "My name? It's... Evangeline."

"Cute name." Drac chuckled. "I like your face too."

Evangeline looked at him with a straight face. For some reason, she could feel butterflies in her stomach. "Okay, lets hurry up to the supermarket."

"How about I carry you there?" He picked her up, similar to a 'princess carry'.

"What the hell are you doing?" She tried to move out of his arms. "Drac."

"No, let me. I don't want your feet to get tired." Drac emphasized. He wanted to make Evangeline feel better.

"You're crazy, you know that?" Evangeline said. She just stayed in his arms looking at the sky.

"You can also sleep in my arms, you know?" He whispered to her.

Evangeline looked at him with an annoyed expression.

I hope he's joking. If he kidnaps me, I'm actually going to cry. I saw the supermarket.

"You can drop me off now; I can walk by myself." Evangeline forced his arms off her body. The feeling of his hands felt so long and veiny.

"Okay, from now on. I don't exist." Drac said. He continued to stare at her as she walked into the supermarket.

Evangeline couldn't stop staring at him, when he was meant to pretend like he wasn't there.

Evangeline bought the cookies, it was now time for her to go home. Drac followed her as she went out of the supermarket.

"Hey, you can go now." Evangeline told Drac. "I have to go home."

Drac shook his head in agreement and walked away.

Why is Drac so weird yet obedient? Regardless of his looks being so fine and... I should stop talking.

She walked back home.

I saw my mom sleeping on my couch. I guess I took a long time. Sorry, mom.

I took a blanket and placed it on my mom. I hope she sleeps well.

I'm gonna continue reading my favorite book and drink some peppermint tea.