Movie :

Judson likes Liane? This is shocking news! At this point, I'm going to plan out their wedding already! I think it's nice for someone to finally have an interest in my sister, not that I don't think anybody liked her before.

But what if he's just joking? "Yeah, right."

Judson rolled his eyes at me. "I'm serious, Evangeline. I want to court her, make her happy, anything I can do for her."

"Oh, you're not kidding." I can't believe this. Like, actually. Judson likes Liane—my friend AND my sister. No way. And he's telling me. He trusted me so much to confess to me about liking my own sister. Thank goodness, I'm approachable.

"Are you mad at me?" His face dimmed. Looking at his face made me think about how scared he would be if I didn't approve of this. I couldn't imagine a situation where I'd get mad at him for liking my sister.

I gave him a faint smile. "I'm not mad at you. I think it's wonderful that you like her."

"Thank you, Evangeline. I never would've guessed it would be her," he chuckled.

"Hey, let's set up the couch so you guys could sit beside each other. Just note that Liane really likes hand holding, so when you think a scary scene is coming, make your hand available," I advised him. If it weren't for Liane, we wouldn't even be watching a movie anyway.

Drac was finished with the snacks—Buttered popcorn, s'mores, and mini sandwiches. He even brought soda. "Who's ready for some snackin'?" Drac cheered. He placed them on the coffee table and sat on the mattress.

Drac was feeling the texture of the mattress with his hand. Examining the crevices of the foam. "Evangeline, is this my mattress?"

"Um... maybe?" He wasn't supposed to find out. But, eh, he should let me be if he wants me to be happy.

He shook his hand and messed up the top of my hair. "That's what you get for stealing private property."

"Hey! Well, this is my house, and I can accuse you of trespassing."

"Then I'm taking back my TV," he argued. Hell no, he won't!

I sighed and accepted my fate. "Okay. Sorry." I made a sad face and tried to guilt him into letting me keep his mattress here.

"Let the girl be, Drac," Judson said. "You want her to be happy, right?" He stared at him with threatening eyes that spoke like they were telling him to just deal with it.

Drac acted by roping his arm around me. "So what movie are we watching?"

"Glad you asked. We're going to watch... Locked Outside. It's about a guy who got locked out of his house and creepy things started to happen outside. It's self-explanatory," Judson answered.

"That sounds exciting," I replied. "Liane! Get out of the bathroom! The movie isn't going to start without you!"

Liane ran out of the bathroom as quickly as she could. "Okay! Okay! I'm here. Start the movie." She turned off the lights before sitting on the mattress.

The mattress was filled with a bunch of pillows. Including mine and Drac's. I sat beside Drac. Judson and Liane? Yeah, they sat beside each other too. A pillow divided us.

Now, the movie was starting. We skipped the intro and got straight to the point. What really was my favourite part about movies was the scenery and its intimidating sound effects.

The sounds of wind bristling through the leaves of tall trees. That's how you knew that the atmosphere was starting to become horrifying. The main character, which we know is the boy who was locked outside of his house, was a freshman student who wanted to be popular. His classmates would throw parties, and he would get invited.