-THE SMILER-

The defence against the dark arts classroom had had a very large makeover since the last time the children We in the classroom

The defence against the dark arts classroom had had a very large makeover since the last time the children We in the classroom. Before where there was magical creatures and various other dark arts trinkets was now hundreds of portraits of Gilderoy Lockhart everywhere. The largest was the one at the very front of the class just behind his desk and was of Lockhart painting a portrait of himself.

"Could this man be anymore obsessed with his own face." Alice scrunched up her nose.

The classroom was full of chattering students awaiting the arrival of the professor when he final emerged from his quarters upstairs. The first two rows were filled with girls waiting for the man.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Me," The man grinned down at the class as he began to walk down the steps, "Gilderoy Lockhart. Order of Merlin, third class. Honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League And five times winner of Witch Weekly's 'Most Charming Smile Award'." The man gloated.

"Could he be anymore humble." Young Sirius scoffed as he listened to the man.

"Maybe he need his braces back to shoot him down a few notches, god knows he needs it." Marlene said.

"There's pictures of him everywhere, it's like a torture room." Barty scrunched his nose up at all the pictures of Lockhart.

"But I don't talk about that." He said.

"Clearly." Nova rolled her eyes.

"I didn't get rid of the abandon Banshee by smiling at him." He chuckled at his own joke, both full sets of teeth on display. The girls of the class sat staring in awe of the celebrity standing before them, there cheeks red and smiles shy and small, while the boys looked disturbed at the man.

"Isn't he charming." Pansy sighed as she gazed at the man, her cheek resting on her hand.

Nova pushed her elbow causing her chin to fall out of her hands grip, "hes so narcissistic it hurts." Nova winced.

"Thank you my darling daughter for sense." Regulus sighed in relief.

"He's So Clearly a fraud. All the teachers knew it I don't know why Dumbledore hired him he is completely incompetent!" Nova ranted.

"He's a complete and utter imbecile." Hermione agreed.

"You didn't think so in that class Hermione." Fred teased.

"Shut up Fred." Hermione crossed her arms over her chest with a roll of her eyes.

"Now! Be warned. It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizard kind," The man prowled slowly, walking past a cage with a cloth over it, he tapped it with its wand and it rattled loudly, "You May find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them!" He said, yanking the burgundy cover off the cave revealing a small cage full of blue little creatures fluttering around manically: Cornish pixies.