Part 5

AFTER DINNER

AUTHOR'S POV

" U know what i am over the moon right now" rose said putting her hands on her tummy.

"Why are you so happy?" Lisa inquired, raising her eyebrows.

"The food was absolutely delicious and mouth-watering, yum-yum!" Rose exclaimed, licking her lips and swallowing.

"Wow, you guys are so loud, but whatever, I'm going to sleep." Jennie yawned and moved to the passenger seat.

"Alright, then let me drive," Jisoo offered as the others settled into their seats.

ONE HOUR LATER

"I am so tired," Jisoo said, stretching her neck.

While driving, she noticed a crowd a short distance away from her car. Slowing down, she wondered why there was a gathering in the middle of the road. Upon closer inspection, she realized that there might have been an accident, prompting her to wake up Jennie.

"Hey, Jen, wake up. I think there's a problem," Jisoo said, gently patting her cheeks.

"Yeah, Soo, I'm listening," Jennie replied with her eyes still closed.

"Please open your eyes first so I can tell you," Jisoo requested, sitting back in her seat.

"Okay, now tell me," Jennie said, rubbing her eyes and looking at her in confusion.

"Look ahead," Jisoo instructed, signaling for her to look forward.

Jennie gazed ahead and noticed a crowd in the middle of the road, moving aimlessly in the darkness of midnight. The only source of visibility was the headlights of their car.

"It looks rather eerie, but I believe there has been an accident," Jennie remarked, averting her gaze from the crowd.

"Yes, I am aware of that, but the issue is that it is the only safe route to our house," Jisoo responded, her eyes filled with concern as she looked at Jennie.

"What do you mean by safe?" Jennie questioned, her confusion evident.

"Well, there are actually two ways to reach our house. As you can see, one path is obstructed by the crowd, so we cannot pass through it. The other... well, it's quite dangerous," Jisoo explained, avoiding eye contact with Jennie.

"Well, I do enjoy taking risks," Jennie grinned mischievously.

"What do you mean by enjoy taking risks ?" Jisoo asked curiously.

"Oh, I was just joking. I mean, we should take that route as it's getting late, and our parents might worry. It's better for us to reach home as soon as possible," Jennie refocused on the road and instructed Jisoo to start driving.

"Alright then, we'll just try to avoid any troubles," Jisoo resumed driving.

30 MINUTES LATER

JISOO'S POV

I was concentrated on driving when I noticed that our surroundings had become pitch black. I couldn't shake off the feeling of unease, as if my sixth sense was warning me that we were about to encounter some problems. After a few minutes, our car suddenly came to a halt with a jolt. I was startled, as was Jennie, but the individuals behind us didn't even flinch.

"Damn, what's wrong with the car now?" Jennie inquired, looking at me.

"Ugh! The more I try to avoid problems, the more I seem to stumble upon them," I grumbled, my anger evident as I punched the steering wheel.