Part 6

As I walked towards the alley, Goosebumps spread across my body. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss in this place. The further I ventured into the alley, the more ominous it felt, with scary vibes intensifying. After a few minutes of wandering, the alley seemed to brighten slightly, either due to my eyes adjusting to the light or someone using a light source. Amidst my racing thoughts, I suddenly heard muffled screams, sending adrenaline coursing through me. Gripping my knife tightly, I began to sweat unknowingly as I cautiously moved forward. Gradually, I noticed shadows lurking behind a wall, signaling that things were becoming chaotic.

Just as I was about to confront those figures, a hand grabbed my waist, covered my mouth, and pulled me back. Startled, I collided with what I thought was a wall, but turned out to be someone's chest due to my panic. I attempted to scream, but the hand stifled any sound. In a reflex action, I almost stabbed the person's neck when a voice whispered, "Hey, it's me, Jisoo." Startled, I looked up to see Taehyung's face.

"Tae-taehyung, what are you doing here?" I whispered in disbelief.

"That should be my question, madam. What are you doing here?" he asked, pulling me into a corner.

"I came to investigate after hearing screams," I replied, meeting his concerned gaze.

"I've already taken care of it. You don't need to worry," he assured me, his eyes reflecting sincerity.

"What do you mean?" I asked, surprised by his actions.

"I told you not to worry," he said, gently touching my cheek. "Let's go. You're injured," he added, holding me protectively.

I realized that we were in such close proximity that our bodies were colliding with each other. A ticklish sensation filled my stomach, but I chose to ignore it and asked him, "Are you injured?"

He then gently took hold of my right hand, which was resting peacefully on his chest. 

"Look here," he instructed, urging me to examine my hands.

 It was then that I noticed they were bleeding, and the blood had stained his shirt. I must have accidentally cut my hand with a knife while trying to defend myself against him. I quickly apologized, but to my surprise, he scooped me up in his arms as if carrying a bride. I was taken aback and let out a gasp.

"Taehyung, I can walk perfectly fine. It's my hands that are injured, not my legs, mister," I whispered-yelled at him.

"There's no need to strain your muscles, and besides, I am here to serve you," he replied with a grin, still looking ahead. I could feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"Oh, yeah, o-okay," I stammered, feeling incredibly strange. It was as if my entire stomach had turned into a zoo. I cursed myself, knowing that I was only making myself look foolish in front of him. 

For a few minutes, we walked in silence, but it was a comfortable silence.

I was battling my internal thoughts while he continued to walk silently. Sometimes, I could feel his gaze on me, but then he would quickly avert his eyes. He kept walking until we reached our car.

JENNIE'S POV

It had been over 10 minutes, and there was still no sign of Jisoo. I was growing increasingly worried, pacing back and forth beside the car. Both of the girls had woken up by now.

"Unnie, you should have woken us up earlier, and why did you let Jisoo unnie enter a dangerous area?" Lisa asked me with concern.