Part 14

Jisoo inquired with a shocked expression, "What are you talking about?"

Taehyung responded, "Firstly, calm down and pay attention to what I'm about to say. I want to remind you not to panic, okay? Earlier, you were discussing about Mr. V, who is actually me only. People in the underworld know me by that name, and it was me who used to gather information before you could even attempt to reach it."

"Why did you do that?" Jisoo asked calmly.

"I apologize, Jisoo, but let me explain. When we were sent to different countries, I missed both you and eomma a lot, which made me a grumpy person. I started getting into small fights, which eventually led me down a dangerous path towards the mafia. I knew it was wrong, but I felt it was the only way to find my mother, Aunt Sandara, uncle minho and you. Now, i am 21 but i became the youngest mafia king at 18. I started searching for information at the age of 11, and during my mission, I discovered that we were both working towards the same goal in different ways. I took lives and risked my own, but I never let you find the evidence because I didn't want you to get hurt in these dangerous missions," Taehyung explained with a sense of guilt.

"I understand that we were close friends, Taehyung, and I appreciate your concern for me. However, I also wanted to find my mother, and I was capable of doing so," Jisoo replied, trying to comprehend his perspective.

Taehyung elaborated, "Do you honestly believe, Jisoo, that the individuals who abducted our mothers were mere petty criminals? They were actually sent by powerful mafia leaders who are now practically my adversaries. The only thing they are unaware of is that the mafia king is the son of one of the kidnapped women."

Jisoo, inquired, "Wait a moment, does that mean you are their rival, but they are unaware that they already have your mother?"

"Yes, you could say that," Taehyung responded to her question.

"So, if the reason for kidnapping her isn't you, then why would they do it?" Jisoo questioned him.

"Well, even I was initially confused, but I soon understood the motive. They were rivals of our father," he explained to her.

"But our fathers are just ordinary business tycoons. Why would the mafia consider them as rivals?" Jisoo asked, driven by curiosity.

"That's exactly what I want to find out, and to do so, we must confront our fathers," he replied to her.

"one more question, It appeared that you were well aware of the plans while escorting me to the ceremony, but your response upon seeing my father was quite different from what I had anticipated, why so?" jisoo asked her suspiciously.

"Jennie must have already informed you that our parents called us after we arrived at our dorms. During the call, your grandfather instructed me to accompany you and mentioned that there were some surprising news for both of you sisters. I had a feeling that it might be related to your parents, as I had already started suspecting my father's unusual behavior. I also had a strong intuition that your father was alive and free. So, when I saw him, I didn't ask how he was doing. Instead, I directly inquired about his whereabouts during these past years. I apologize if my actions have hurt your feelings." taehyung answered her.

"No problem at all. If I were in your position, I would have made the same decision," Jisoo responded.

"Is everything clear now?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Um, just one more thing. Do you happen to know anything about my stalker?" she asked, smirking slightly.

"Hehe... so you knew that I was the one stalking you?" he asked, nervously scratching his neck.