Chapter 10: A Mysterious Prophecy

Outside Jamanakai Village, the Ninja mount on their dragons when Nya accidentally drops a scroll from a bag.

"Huh? Strange... I don't remember putting this here." She says, picking the scroll from the ground.

"That Master's bag." Zane points out. "You must've accidentally taken it in the rush."

"Actually, Master Wu is always taking Flame to make his travels, so..." Nya comments, side eying the white ninja.

"What is it?" Jay asks, interrupting them, curious.

"It's a scroll, sillie." The red ninja says, amused.

"I know it's a scroll, but what does it say? It's written in chicken scratch." The blue ninja justifies himself, flustered.

"Not chicken scratch." Zane speaks with patience. "It's the ancient language of our ancestors." As the white ninja explains, Cole approaches his friends.

"Uh, can you read it?" The black ninja asks, looking at the scroll too.

"Well, I can try." The white ninja ponders. He glances at the piece of paper for some time. "This symbol means... 'prophecy'."

"Prophecy...?" Jay looks confused.

"It means it tells the future." Nya explains to him.

"Of course. Ha-ha." He laughs, awkardly. "I knew that..."

"Let's see..." Zane keeps looking at the scroll. "'One ninja will rise above the others and becomes the Green Ninja, the ninja destined to defeat the Dark Lord'".

Jay gasps. "Oh, look, a picture!" He points at a green drawing on the paper.

"Dark Lord?" Nya says, interested. "Hold on... you think they mean Lord Garmadon?" She looks closer at the scroll, noticing some pictures colored as red, blue, white and black. "Wait a minute! Is that us? Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?" The red ninja look at her comrades.

"Like how good I'm gonna look in green, maybe? Haha." Jay winks.

"That's a lot of confidence, huh?" She looks at him, amused. "What if I am the Green Ninja?" The girl defies.

This makes the blue ninja flustered. "Well, that's a possibility, sure..."

"I'm sorry to say, but technically, I am the best amongst us." Zane bluntly speaks.

"Everyone, stop it!" Cole breaks their little argument. "Remember why Master brought us together in the first place. We're a team." He takes the scroll from the white ninja's hands. "We weren't meant to see this and probably for good reason. Come on, let's head back home. We have training to do." The black ninja mounts his dragon.

"It's about time I added some finesse to my routine." Jay says, doing the same.

"Well, I could use some exercise." Zane says to himself.

"Yeah." Cole slowly nods. I gotta work on some new moves."

Everyone is clearly motivated to train now. All the ninja except Nya are already in the air, flying their way home.

"Could I be the Green Ninja?" The red ninja mumbles to herself before parting like the rest.

***

After all that racked, Lloyd Garmadon is wandering aimlessly, grunting and mumbling a lot of curses.

"Stupid ninja with their stupid dragons and stupid weapons... and stupid everything!" He shouts. He is slowly feeling cold, didn't paying much attention. He's used to feels like that everyday.