Chapter 16: Inner Problems

Ed and Edna finally arrive at their junkyard. They leave the car and walk together to the trailer they live.

"I don't think he's coming, dear." Ed says, talking about Jay. "Did you see the look on his face?"

"Stop it, Ed. He's coming." Edna responds. "He was probably troubled with his feelings for Nya."

Her husband shakes his head. "No, I think there was more than that..." The man sighs. "I guess our boy doesn't need us anymore. I just have to remember that. Uh, write it down for me, would ya?"

"Oh, dear. Lights, dear. It's getting dark." Edna says, completely oblivious to the rest of the conversation.

"Right, heh. Thanks, sugarplum." He nods, turning them on.

***

Lloyd is walking trough a cemetery completely obscured by the fog. The boy is struggling to follow his map directions. He's also a little scared by the place.

"It's not scary." He says to himself. "Um, maybe just a little, but I like scary. Yeah, that's it. I'm the son of the Dark Lord. I love the dark. I eat this stuff for breakfast."

A owl hoots from a tree, making the kid scream. He takes some time to recover himself, then starts to keep going. "I'm gonna make those Hypnobrai pay for betraying me." He says, frustraded. "I have to find the Fangpyres. If there's anything a snake doesn't like, it's another snake." He finally comes across a tree, giving another look on the map then smiling after that. "Here, by the mutated tree on the Cemetery of Souls. I found it!"

Lloyd starts looking for something that could be a hidden lever or button to open the tomb. It takes some time, but he is able to reach a lever hidden behind a gravestone.

"Yes! Soon, the Serpentine will know who their master is, and it will be I, Lloyd Garmadon!" The child laughs evilly as lightning crackles. He finally pulls the lever, opening the tomb.

"Ahhh!" Lloyd screams as red and white snakes emerge from the hole, with the Fangpyre General coming right after. Curiously, he had two heads.

"And who..." The one from the left said. "...may I say released us..." The one from the left followed up. "...from our captivity?" The left one finished.

Garmadon's son slowly gets up. "Uh, Lloyd. Are you two the generals,I think?"

"Yes..." one said. "I am..." said the other. "Fangton."

"O-okay..." Lloyd just nodded, getting confused by Fangton's heads. "I released you to make the Hypnobrai pay for betraying me." He said, trying to sound convincing.

"The Hypnobrai?!" The head from the right looked at its other pair.

"Those hypnotizing deceivers!" The other said, slythering his tongue. Both of them look at the kid in front of them.

"It'll be..."

"...our pleasure."

"Oh, good." Lloyd sighs, relieved. "I'll lead the way. Then after that, there's some ninja I want dealt with." He grims.

"Sounds like..." The left head started. "...you know..." The right one kept going. "...what you want." The first one finished.

"But the Hypnobrai are strong." Fangton keeps talking.

"And we are few in numbers." His other Head continues.

"We need..."

"...reinforcements!" He finally finishes.

"What did you have in mind?" Lloyd asks, interested.

Fangtom hisses as the rest of the Fangpyre rise from the tomb as Lloyd once again laughs evilly.