Chapter 15: Surprise Guests

A new day arises for the Ninja, this time on their new home, the ship they found recently. The four teenagers are all sleeping on two bumkbeds when a banging noise soon wakes them up.

"Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you!" Master Wu who was the one creating the sound, banging a gong. The ninja groan, visually annoyed. "In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity." Their master speaks with autority.

Nya finally gets up. "Okay okay, we're up." She yawns. "But if you want us to reach full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?"

"You call that a rest?" Cole speaks, stretching his back. "I think my back has more lumps than the mattress."

"We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, I guess we lost track of time." Jay shrugs, grabbing his toothbrush and opening a tap in the sink, unnoticing that the only thing that came out was dirt. "Since the Serpentine burned down our monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our head..." The boy starts to brush his teeth and spits out the dirt, disgusted. "Ugh, great..."

"What is our lesson today, Sensei? Mastering the Strike of the Scorpion?" Zane asks, striking a pose. "Or perhaps the grace of— woah!" The floor below him breaks, causing him to fall and lift a pile of dust, making the boy cough.

"I think today's lesson would be... chores." Wu slowly says, looking at the mess.

"Chores?!" Everyone says together.

"Ninja fight, Master! They do not clean." Cole grunts, dissapointed.

"In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from." Their master patiently speak. "And this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters. I expect things to be spotless when I return." He goes trough the door. "And put your backs into it." The old man teases his pupils banging the gong a last time.

"This place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up." Nya grumbles, picking a broom from a closet.

"Unless we... put more than our backs into it, huh?" Jay playfully winks.

"Heh, I don't see a problem with that." Cole smirks, agreeing.

"As long as Master Wu doesn't find out..." Zane adds.

"Okay, fine by me." Nya nods, dropping the broom. " Let's go, guys!"

"Ninja, go!" Cole makes Spinjitzu, cleaning up the trash on their room, then moving to each room in the ship to do the same. The black ninja finally takes out all the trash and put it outside. "And... here it goes." He finishes putting a sign with the words "FOR SALE" written on it.

Inside, Zane throws the Shurikens of Ice toward the walls of the rooms, freezing it. Nya uses the Sword of Fire on the ice, melting everything away with the dirt. They do a high-five after finishing.

Meanwhile, Jay founds a bunch of old manchines, and decides to try and repair them all. He first uses his Nunchucks to energize everything. Soon the machines start to make sounds, making the boy smile, satisfied.

"Hey there." Nya appears from behind him. "Mind if I join you?"

"Oh, hey Nya!" Jay smiles. "Sure, come here. I was thinking about a lot of cool things we could do with this place since yesterday!" His eyes are shining again.

"Cool things like what?" She asks, curious, having fun with his excitement.

"Heh, things that will make the training course from the Monastery look like old junk!" He smirks, liking the chance at the spotlight.

"Well, looks like these two are off talking about machinery again." Cole streches himself. "I guess that's my cue to take a nap after all that work." He turns to Zane. "What about you?"