Chapter 18: Green Dream

A familiar falcon flies trough the sky, soon landing on a phone line, scaring off a group of birds. After a few seconds, the animal quickly turns its head.

"Wake up, Zane." The falcon speaks, moving its mouth. "I know where you come from."

Suddendly a spiral of colors and screams fill the air, with vague glimpses of faces and names. Strange samurais, stealthy warriors, an army of purple snakes, ghosts, pirates, a museum, motorcycles, dragons, a female voice claiming for revenge, a frozen kingdom...

"AAAH!" Zane wakes up, hitting his head on the top bunk of the bed he shares with Nya. The blonde gets out of bed, rubbing his head and looks out the window.

"That strange dream again..." The boy mumbles to himself. He looks around him and notices that no one is in bed. "Weird... They didn't woke me up."

Zane decides to go to the bridge, where Wu and Kai are, observing a map on the monitor Jay and Nya installed. "I see the hunt starts early today." The ninja greets them.

Wu nods. "A watchful eye never sleeps." He says, with a serious expression.

"As long as Lloyd and the Serpentine roam freely, no one in Ninjago is safe." Kai comments, turning his attention on the monitor again.

"Where are the others?" Zane asks, noticing his comrades were not with them.

"Training on the upper deck." Wu points, soon turning his attention to the monitor as well.

The blonde goes out to the upper deck before seeing the falcon again, perched on the mast. He gives a warm smile to the bird.

"You were in my dream, little friend." The boy puts one hand on the mast. "Last time I saw you, you led me to good fortune. What reason have you returned?" The falcon soon flies off and Zane watches it fly away from the Destiny's Bounty, unaware that a shadow was sneaking up behind him.

Realizing soon enough, he jumps to his front, turning his head at his foe right after that. "Lord Garmadon?" Zane says, confused. Garmadon was in front of him. The same helmet, the same wicked face and the same red eyes. "But you were banished!"

"Only to return for the Weapons of Spinjitzu." The villain says, with a cold and deadly tone. He pulls out two katanas. "Soon I will have the power to recreate Ninjago in my own image."

Garmadon charges at Zane, who notices he had his Shurikens with him all this time. Determined, the blonde jumps over Garmadon before he could strike him, landing in a defensive position.

Garmadon turns to face the ninja behind him. "Give me your Shurikens of Ice." He demands, pointing one of his katanas at the white ninja.

"You'll have to take them from me." Zane says, preparing to counterattack. "Ninja, go!" He does Spinjitzu and comes at the evil lord, but he easily grabs Zane and holds him up. Throwing them boy into a pile of junk, causing the ninja to lose his shurikens in the process.

"So be it." Garmadon speaks with a wicked smile, noticing a heavy box right Zane's head. The man cuts the rope that is tied with the box, making the heavy object coming down on the white ninja's placement.

However, just as it was about to be the end of the Master of Ice, a green blur suddenly comes for Zane's aid, getting a hold on the box in the middle of the air, saving the boy's life.

Zane faces his savior, shocked. "The Green Ninja!" He says, admired. "The legend's true."

The Green Ninja throws the box away, turning his attention at Garmadon. Grunting, the evil lord comes down just as the hero punches him before flipping back to avoid a strike. Both foes face each other, determined.