Chapter 20: Playtime's Over

At the Bounty, Wu is meditating on his room again. He hears a knock at his door.

"Come in." Says the old man. His four pupils appears before, whispering between each other. "Oh. If you are here, then perhaps you must have found the answer to what is the best way to defeat an enemy?"

Cole takes the front, determined. "Yes, we have, Master. It's..." the boy turn around to the rest of the group. "On three, guys. One, two..."

"Teamwork!" They say together, putting their hands together.

"Is this what you all think?" Wu asks, with a curious smile on his face.

"You betcha." Nya says.

"Yes!" Jay nods.

"Absolutely." Zane ponders.

"Sadly, you are all wrong." Wu says, a little playful. His students smiles become frowns.

"Come on." Cole grunts.

"Aw, man." Jay lowers his head, groaning.

Wu goes back to his meditating. The Ninja take that as a invite to leave, so that's what they do.

"I'm starting to think whoever figures out this riddle can be the Green Ninja for all I care." Cole grunts in frustration as they walk trough the hall.

"I sense solving this could be an even greater challenge than facing Lord Garmadon himself." Zane agrees.

"I just want to stop our training, I'm feeling numb already!" Jay whines.

The group then is startled by a sudden sound, as a red light begins to flash troughout the entire interior of the ship.

"Wait, it's that..." The blue ninja speaks, astonished.

"Our excuse to leave training and do something more with our day?" Nya looks at him. "Yes, it is. Let's go, guys!"

The Ninja run to the bridge, where they find Kai, struggling to stop the alarming sound.

"I didn't do anything!" The boy shouts as he notices they entering. "I was just watching the map trough the screen when this stupid sound started."

"Don't worry, big bro. It's just the scanner that Jay and I made for the Serpentine." The girl says, turning off the alarm.

"So that's what you guys were working on lately..." Zane ponders.

"How's THAT works?" Cole asks, curious.

"Heheh, glad you asked." Jay speaks as Nya focus her attention at the results on the screen. "This little toy simply reads the specifical thermal signature of the Serpentine in a large area. I mean..." He gets a little embarrassed. "It still doesn't work underground, but atleast we are able to know when they're up to something when they get out..."

The blue ninja's watches the blank expressions on Cole and Kai's face.

"Okay, okay!" He says, annoyed. "I know it's not perfect, but we are getting there, alright?"

"Sorry, but I didn't catch half of what you said." Nya's brother speaks, completely lost.

"What matters is that it works and make things easier for us." Cole shrugs off.

Zane turns to Nya, concentrated on the screen. "Did it got something?"

" Yes." Nya nods. "There's a Serpentine in Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys."

"Wait, "a" Serpentine? Not a bunch of them?" Kai ponders.

"Nevermind the snake." Jay says. "That place is cesspool for the crooked and the misbehaved."