Chapter 17: Taking Flight

After a few hours, the group approaches the Junkyard. Jay stop at the entrance, his expression getting worried.

"What is it?" Nya notices, getting confused.

"It's... quiet." The blue ninja slowly says. "My family's never quiet. Something's wrong!" He runs inside, hearing mumbled grunts coming from a locked fridge.

"Mom?! Dad?!" Jay kicks the door, opening it. The couple is tied with a rope and have a piece of tape on their mouths. "What happened? Who did this?" The blue ninja asks, ripping the tape off them.

"Sweetheart, you came!" Edna says, relieved.

"Oh, you gotta get out of here." Ed speaks, worried. "You shouldn't have come, it's the snakes!" His voice makes a funny sound, almost like a shlither.

"The bite of the Fangpyre!" Wu approaches the family, shocked.

"Another tribe of Serpentine?" Kai asks, feeling he knows the answer.

The old man nods. "Yes. Once they sink their teeth, their venom can turn anything into a serpent. It's only a matter of time before the full transformation is complete." He points at the couple before them, who appeared to have gained fangs.

"That means Lloyd must have found one more group to help him." Nya comments, getting on guard.

Suddendly everyone hears hisses. A crane appears from behind a pile of trash, being operated by a Fangpyre soldier. There was a wrecking ball on its end, with a wicked face printed on it.

"Uh, is that wrecking ball staring at me?" Cole says, pulling his scyhte.

"Duck!" Jay shouts, protecting his parents as the ball is launched towards the group. Everyone manages to dodge the danger in time.

"Thanks, son." Ed groans, slowly getting up again.

"Lloyd!" Wu shouts, noticing his nephew appearing with Fangton from another pile of junk.

"Hello, uncle. Looks like we're not the only family reunion." The boy grims. "I'm glad you brought the ninja. I could use some help taking out the trash. Muahaha!" He laughs evilly.

"If we want to turn Jay's parents back, we need the antivenom in the staff." Zane points out, as Fangpyre warriors start to appear.

"Second dose, to the dirt!" Cole shouts as the wrecking ball comes for another shot. Everyone plunges to the ground as the object passes flying by their heads.

The Fangpyres hisses, attacking the Ninja. Nya blocks a attack with her Sword, pushing some of them away.

"We have to get rid of those guys first if we want to get closer to the general." The red ninja says as a second group of snakes attack. "At least they don't seem to be a big group."

"Big group or not, nobody messes with my family." Jay says, determined. "Ninja, go!" He performs Spinjitzu, getting rid of a bunch of snakes on his way.

Kai, Cole, and Zane nod at each other. "Ninja, go!" They follow right after the blue ninja.

Meanwhile, a small group of Serpentine goes against Wu. The old man quickly pulls his flute and plays it. The snakes get dizzy with the sound, giving Kai the chance to attack them from behind, knocking them out.

"Y'know what, Master? I think we make a pretty good duet." The boy jokes. An lone Fangpyre tries to bite him from behind, but is knocked out by a frying pan, courtesy of Edna.

"Yeah, way to go, hon!" Ed cheers on her, who gives a proud expression.

"Oh, uh, thanks, Ms. Edna." Kai says, awkward.