~6~

This was the first time Morrigan was entrusted to Dorcas.

The couple showed up via the fireplace, with a bag to leave for the little girl and saying that they wanted them to spend some time together, between goddaughter and godmother and that they would return tomorrow morning, thus leaving the two alone in the rustic-style living room of the 'apartment located in London.

The girl was currently sitting in an armchair reading a defense book on the dark arts while cradling the still awake baby in her arms.

Morrigan continued to stare into her godmother's face as she read and opened her mouth as if speaking without a voice.

Dorcas could feel her arm going numb and got up to put Morrigan down, but before she could move the little girl began to cry.

She hastily put the book down and used her other arm to cradle her and she stopped crying and gave her a small smile.

Dorcas sighed and started to take the book back, but the little girl started whimpering again.

"Wait, don't tell me, you little devil, James was right, you're really pretentious, you want to have all the attention for yourself."

Morrigan held out her hands and Dorcas lowered her head, letting h
her touch her braids as she made a few noises of joy.

Dorcas couldn't help but smile and laugh.
"So what do you want to do now? Do you want to go outside?" Dorea asked as if she expected an answer from a little girl of only a few months old.

Morrigan almost never went out, in fact her family always kept her locked up inside the house, the only place where she could enjoy looking at the outside world a bit were the windows or the balcony.
That's why as soon as he heard the word 'out' he let out a squeal of joy.

"That sounds like a yes to me."
Dorcas wrapped the little girl in a little black coat, a red bonnet and her scarf that covered her whole body and finally took the miniature glasses of the elf model above the fireplace and gave them to the little girl.