~9~

“Their friends had left an hour ago and Lily and James were in the vast garden, Lily was sure she had seen something or someone moving down there, and obviously she had come down, dragging her husband with her.

"Love, are you sure?, you are always right but now that we have put up all those barriers do you really think that-" James stopped when he smelled a familiar smell coming from above an oak tree, his sense of smell improved day after day as she helped his friends to find Remus in the forest in their school years.

He slowly but shrewdly took Lily's hand and gave her forefinger three taps on her elbow and she looked at him.

Lily slowly took her hand out of her pocket and with James at her side continued walking deeper into the forest, until the forest swallowed them in its shadows.

The more they walked the more they felt the pungent smell suffocating them and its presence behind them, not that it bothered them or they felt discomfort, they knew what it wanted and how to get away with it.

Only when James saw with his left eye a tentacle approaching Lily's shoulder did he take out the dagger and cleanly cut his flesh, dirtying his face and blue shirt with a strange black liquid, Lily took him by the back of his shirt and dragged behind to distance themself.

The creature was white and grayish, with large pointed legs, four times James' height, its face non-existent except for a giant, torn mouth full of sharp stinger-like teeth and a long, serpentine tongue.

"By Merlin's balls, my favorite shirt!" Lily screamed, thinking back to how long it had taken her and her mother to make that velvet shirt.
"Don't worry darling, we'll wash it-"
"It's Cashmere, don't you dare wash it!" Lily shouted back.