~11~

Nymphadora Lyra Bellatrix Tonks

that's the name of the little girl who was trying to help a chick that had fallen from the nest on the oak house, she took it in her hand and tried to levitate it onto the nest slowly.

Her long, curly brown hair was styled in two braids with two black and white bows at the end and she was dressed in a neutral brown tracksuit, she preferred to wear trousers rather than dresses or skirts, not that they bothered her, in fact she loved them, her mother said they made her look like a princess, but the trousers looked like a knight.

Her father from time to time told her that he preferred her to wear skirts, and when her grandmother and her distant aunts came to visit, they would tell her that if she wanted to make more friends her age she had to adapt but her mother consequently got angry and told her aside that she should wear what she wanted.

Nymphadora was only five years old but she knew that her father, "Ted", as she sometimes called him, said it only because she looked like her mother's sisters, he would complain about them every day if she happened to see him late at night.

Her mother rarely took a family photograph of them and in her bedroom, when they were alone, she told her about each subject in the animated photo, from the oldest to the youngest, not that they moved much, they were almost all as still as statues.

Andromeda was on the balcony of her room, sitting on the small oval table writing when she stopped to watch what her daughter was doing, she saw the chick in the air thanks to Nymphadora's magic, which made her smile, she didn't even have a wand, the little girl had drops of sweat rolling down her forehead and her tongue was hanging out from the effort.

The woman looked at the nest and her smile faded.

"Dora" she called, putting down the pen and paper.

The little girl released her hold on the chick in surprise, but Andromeda used her magic to bring him to her on the balcony and placed him next to the hot cup of tea.