~17~

The Malfoy mansion has never been more silent, the gray and dark green furniture, and the historic neutral furnishings made the atmosphere colder and more desolate

The pins of Mrs. Malfoy's heels seemed to penetrate the marble floor as she walked hurriedly, her brown sable hair combined on her head with a few wavy strands surrounding her cold face, arctic eyes staring rigidly straight ahead, her light wrinkles delicately marked her face, but without discrediting her obvious beauty, while she kept her dark red lips tight and closed.

"Mother" Narcissa called her from down the corridor, who had heard the noises, which meant only one thing, that is, that her mother-in-law needed her to speak.

Since she got married, Mrs. Violet Malfoy nor Carrow became more intimate with her daughter in law, not having a daughter of her own she always pretended not to be offended when her son spent more time with his father for his education as the new heir of the Malfoy house, after Lucius finished his studies he immediately set to work and time was always limited due to his alliance with Lord Voldemort.

Then she was introduced to the elegant and ambitious Narcissa Cygna Black soon to Malfoy, her days became less and less boring, there was more conversation and gossip, and she watched Narcissa's doors opening in the Healer camp.

"Is there something bothering you?" the blonde asked her, now starting to walk with regular steps next to the woman.

"Not something but someone, you heard about the attack by Sirius not Black on Voldemort I presume."

"Yes, but honestly I expected it, especially from him."
She wasn't in the best terms with his dishonored cousin; they no longer looked at each other, but she knew that this clash served as a small revenge for having enlisted his younger brother Regulus.

Deep down she wished it had been her instead of Sirius.

The Dark Lord was calling her husband more and more often, sometimes he lodged for days at their mansion, Lucius now had dark circles under his eyes from too many commitments, as soon as he was free from all duties she would run to him at home not caring for cutting hours of work that she would have to make up for late in the evening.