000. Background

Just a background on how Y/n ended up in dept from Mrs. Scrubitt

<Dress you brought.>

——————————————

"Y/n be back before dinner, okay?" Your father called out as you slipped on your boots, "Yes father, I'll be back later!" "Do you have enough sovereigns?" Your mother asked, making you internally groan.

"Yes mother, 24 sovereigns" before any of your parents could speak up you closed the door and made your way to the bus stop,
Sitting down on the bench, you waited for the bus.

Soon the bus came, and the doors opened right in front of you, "To the city, ma'am?" You nodded and gave him 3 sovereigns, He took the sovereigns and you walked on, sitting on a free seat at the front.
You soon arrived at the wonderful city, thanking the bus driver and immediately heading over towards the shops.

You browsed through the dresses, finding a specific dress you like but...it's 10 sovereigns?! Oh, but it's worth it!
You went towards the cashier, and you paid for the beautiful f/c dress, and you walked out with your remaining 14 sovereigns.

—————————————

You had 3 sovereigns left, just enough for the bus fare!
"Miss... can you spare us a sovereign for a place to stay?" A woman asked as she held her baby in her arms, you knew you shouldn't because you need to be home on time but...she needs the money.

You smiled and gave her a sovereign, "of course, here you go" she plopped the silver coin in the woman's hands, "Thank you darling, God bless you" the woman smiled before walking away.
You sighed as you stared at the remaining 2 sovereigns in your hand, 'Maybe, I could beg. I certainly don't want to be it's probably the only choice I have.'

You made your way to the bus stop and waited, soon a bus rolled up and opened the doors in front of you,
"Excuse me, Mister, can I perhaps pay you back...later? I'm short of one sovereign" you asked with a hopeful smile.
The bus driver was fairly chubby, and he definitely looked middle age, he then looked you up and down making you rather uncomfortable.

"Sorry sweetheart, there's no more seats unless..." the bus driver patted his lap and you looked at him disgusted, "Oh never mind, I'll catch the next one" "there is no next one, I'm the last ride, Sweetie" you gave him an awkward polite smile and waved your hand.
"I'm quite alright actually" you then scurried off before the man could try to tempt you again.

You sighed in defeat as you sat down near the train station, it was rather chilly tonight, 'oh how father would be so worried...'

"Whatcha doing here in the cold, Little miss?" A Gruff voice called out, a taller man with brown untidy hair came up to you his smile was making you uncomfortable but trying not to be rude you smiled.
"I'm going to stay here for the night, I missed my bus" you explained not wanting to explain the full story to this random man.

"It's cold out here," he said. You somehow didn't notice this before, but he had a dog, the dog growled at you, "Do you have a place to stay?" The man turned his back to you hiding his sinister grin.
"No, I don't" "I know a place you can stay at" you perked up with hope and you gave him a hopeful smile "Really?" The man turned around with a 'sweet' grin.
"I know a lady who would gladly take you in, oh but only if you—" "yes please!" You stood up immediately.

The man chuckled and turned back around, "Follow me then." You smiled and grabbed her bag and followed a few feet behind because...hygienic reasons on his side.
"Oh thank you again, Mister! What is your name if I may ask?" You smiled despite his back being turned to you, "call me, Mr Bleacher, what's your name. Little miss?" He asked
"Y/n" you answered politely.