014.

You three were searching for the damn ledger, it was no where to be seen.
Willy looked through the desks at the front while Noodle looked at the pile of books on a table.

You were searching around briefly, "Anything?" Willy asked the two of you, "Nothing." Noodle said, "yeah, nothing yet"

"Well, keep looking" Willy said as he rushed over to another desk, Noodle sighed in frustration, "It's not in here, Willy!"

"But Abacus said that it was here." "Abacus has been in the wash house for the past four years. Maybe all the scrubbing has gone to his head." Noodle huffed as she sat down on the couch nearby.

"Noodle, don't be like that" you scolded her lightly which she rolled her eyes, "It's true..." she mumbled,
"All that's down here is a bunch of stupid old chocolate!" She grabbed the chocolate container and threw it to a nearby pillar.

The tile of the pillar came loose, Noodle hadn't been paying attention as she was frustrated and Willy continued to look, but you walked towards the pillar and opened it seeing the...green ledger.

"Nice one, Noodle!" You smiled towards her making her confused, "huh? What did I do?" She asked, "You broke the pillar, there was a secret compartment" you smiled and grabbed the book, swiping off the dust.
You opened the book and started to read the many crimes in the book.

"Willy, look!" Noodle called out, he looked up and saw you reading the ledger, he walked up beside you and took a corner of the book and he looked over the words.
He smiled and looked at you two, "we did it, girls" he said, you all continued to smile until...

"We got 'em"

You gasped slightly and looked up seeing the three other chocolatiers, Slugworth held a gun and fired a bullet up towards the ceiling as a warning.
"Naughty, naughty, Mr. Wonka. You've caused us quite a bit of trouble." Slugworth stepped closer, holding his gun towards Willy.

"You and your urchin" "yeah but she's not just an urchin, is she Mr. Slugworth?" Noodle turned to him confused, "You're family." "What?" Noodle was in shock.
Slugworth lowered his gun as he stared into Willys eyes.
"What are you talking about, Willy?" Willy turned to Noodle, "You know that ring, Noodle? The one your parents gave you? Mr. Slugworth has one just like it."

Willy then turned to Slugworth,  "Don't you, Mr. Slugworth?" Honestly you were at the back, watching this all unfold, you couldn't squeeze into the conversation but it wasn't like you wanted to anyway.

Slugworth brought his gun up again, "As a matter of fact, I do. That belonged to my brother, Zebedee" Noodle held her Necklace ring as she looked at Slugworth, "Was he my father?" "A hopeless romantic is what he was, just like Mr. Wonka." Slugworth snapped quickly.

"Your father fell in love with a common little bookworm, died before they could marry. Leaving me sole heir to the family fortune...or so I thought."

"But none months later, your mother turned up on my doorstep, begging me to get a doctor for her sick little newborn. I said I would help."

"But you didn't...did you?"
"Oh no"
"Instead, you put me down a laundry chute. Mrs. Scrubitt found me, she saw the ring. Thought it was an 'N' and called me Noodle. But it wasn't, it was 'Z' for Zebedee"

Noodle pieced all it together, you knew Slugworth was a horrible man but this was low!

"Well quite, when your mother returned, I told her you had died. She was heartbroken, of course but, uh, I gave her a handful of sovereigns and had her escorted out of my property."

"What was her name?" Noodle asked softly, having hope in her eyes.
"Eh?" Slugworth looked confused, "my mom, what was her name?"

Slugworth made a small 'o' shape with his mouth as he thought, "hm, let me see. Um..." as Slugworth was occupied with thinking, Willy took the ledger gently from your hands and scanned over the pages.

"No, I don't think I could remember that. Sorry, but you have to understand, she was very poor" Mr. Ficklegrubber hurled "Sorry, Felix"

Noodle looked upset and you frowned, "You are a horrible man, Mr. Slugworth! How can you abandon a baby like that?!"
Slugworth frowned at you, "You shut it, Dentist girl, might I add that I've been squeezing extra cash from your father. He's desperate to see his little girl again" Slugworth smirked.

"Oh, you sick man!" Slugworth laughed at you as you were now furious at the man in front of you, "Ah! She's quite feisty, I might start with you." Slugworth pointed the gun at you.

"Her name was Dorothy." Willy spoke up, Noodle turned to him and Slugworth lowered his gun slightly, looking at him as well...

"Dorothy Smith, is says so right here" "Dorothy?" Noodle smiled, "Well, what do you know? I guess you did teach me how to read after all" Willy smiled to Noodle, you couldn't help but smile at the two.

"Well, this is all very touching, but back to business." Mr. Ficklegrubber walked towards Willy and grabbed the Ledger, "We'll take that, thank you" Willy didn't even fight for it, he let Ficklegrubber grab it with ease.

"How much chocolate do you have at your factory, Mr. Ficklegrubber?" Slugworth asked, "oh, about 80,000 gallons" "Prodnose?" Prodnose had to think a bit.
"75,000?" "And I've got 150,000, that should be enough."
Slugworth smiled slyly.

"For what?" Noodle asked, making Slugworth snap his gaze at her.

"Death by chocolate."

Chapter finished

So for my other story, Wife stealer, I'm actually writing chapters for it but I'm posting them when I finish this book off.

We are nearly there people!

Word count: 974 words