Chapter 6: Getting Discharged

Author's Note: Check out Star Crossed Haters: A Jikook Fanfiction if you haven't yet! And I don't really feel all that satisfied with this chapter, but let me know!

Namjoon's Point of View..

A week later, Jin is getting discharged. According to the doctor, Jin can't live by himself anymore, so he's moving in with me.

“Babe, are you ready to get out of here?” I ask as I stand up and grab his coat for him.

“Yes, I can't wait to get out of here.” Jin says as he scowls at the hospital room he's stayed in for the past two or so months.
I laugh as we walk to my car, interlocking our hands together.

“We'll move your stuff to my place soon.” I say as we drive away from the hospital.

“Alright.”

Most of the car ride is silent. Jin is looking out the window until he sees a car wreck on the side of the road. He gasps and hurriedly looks away while breathing heavily.

“Hey, it's ok, babe..” I rub his thigh with my hand as I look at his anxious facial expression. “What'd you see?”

“A car wreck..” Jin says, shakily.

I glance at him as I tighten my grip on his thigh. “Take deep breaths. It's alright..”

“It's not ok, Joon! Look at me! I got into a car wreck barely two months ago!” Jin explodes as he gestures at himself and pushes my hand that was previously resting on his thigh, away.

I pull over to the side of the road and pull the car to a stop.

I turn to face him with a pained expression on my face. “I know it's not.”

“I'm so scared, Joon! I don't think I can ever get behind the wheel ever again!” Jin says with a broken sob.

I reach out and wipe the tears that have begun to fall from his eyes away. “You think this isn't hard for me too? Because it is, Jin.. I almost lost my best friend! But, I have to be brave. Brave for you because I know you need me to be.”

Jin sighs. “I know car accidents happen all the time, but it's different if you've been in one and are somehow– for some unknown reason– still alive.”

“I don't want to say I understand when you know I don't. But I can say that you will get past this. You're strong enough to get through it. A positive mindset will get you a long way.” I caress his face with my hand and, in response, he leans into my touch.

He sighs again. “Ok, I'll try..”

The remainder of the car ride is silent except for the sound of the tires on the road, and the wind rushing past the car.

💜Author's Note: Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments and don't forget to vote!💜